Threaded View

Registry/ini error.

Oops, I guess I should have suggested we respond in this forum instead since the announcement forum is restricted.

The new update does find your custom install location by reading the registry. We have tested this in house for custom installation directories on various partitions.

The reason you are getting this error is because the registry entry was deleted or not created by installing chief from the cd. You could get into this situation by copying chief from one computer to another or by deleting the key from the registry.

I would like to know of any other cases that get the "misisng registry/ini" error when they install Chief.

You can correct this problem by reinstalling 9.5 from the installation media to your custom location.

This new update is larger than past updates because it contains all the updates. The single 9.52 - 9.53 update is 900 kb by itself. This is due to the large number of changes that have gone into 9.53 This compares to 700kb for just the 95-952 update. The total size for the History update which works with any version is 1.43 mb which is a little over 1 1/2 times the size of the 9.52-9.53 update.

The 9.52-9.53 update has not been posted to the internet but if there is a good reason to do this I will make it available.

Thanks for the feedback. Anytime we have customers report problems like this it helps us make the product better.

Dan Park,
    Technical Support Coordinator,
    Advanced Relational Technology