Threaded View

Well had to reinstall back to 9.5 I guess going from 9.52 it did not like it. After the reinstall to just 9.5 the 9.53 patch worked.
    If you get that error you could probably do a regristry "hack" and insert a "string value" and enter in the location of the installed 9.5. Just a thought
    Dan any thoughts on doing that for the fix on the "misisng registry/ini" error ?
    Should work if you install to locations other thatn c:
    David,

As the patch did run w/o the missing registry value when placed in the folder with the executible, and although there were/are a myriad of registry entries in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT, HKEY_CURRENT_USER, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, HKEY_USERS (including some for install location??) that point to the correct location (I have it installed at this address on my system... F:\Chief 95full)....I felt there was no need to reinstall or mess with the registry...which is mainly why I posted initially, so others who might encounter the error message, might also try the solution of putting the patch into their Chief folder and then running it...