Threaded View

Pre-Release 9.53 Update Available!

ART is pre-releasing this 9.53 update to the Chief Users Group.
    This new update has been designed to service all released versions of 9.5 so you only need one download to keep all your versions up to date.
    Since this is a new type of update for us we would like some feedback from our users on how well this update works. Please post any comments about this update on this thread or send them to me at: dan@chiefarchitect.com
    This update will apply with minimal user intervention. If you get any errors please do not hesitate to contact technical support.
    A couple of points...one is that access to the announcements forum is restricted, so responding to the thread there is not possible

the other is the patch...it is considerably larger (nearly 3 times the size as the 9.5 -9.52 patch) than previous patches...is this due to it being for all varieties of 9.5? This is a pain for those of us who may only have access to a less than reliable and slow connect....

the next is the patch itself...I do not install to a default C: drive location but instead place Chief on a seperate partition all to itself..the "automatic" feature can not find it and there is no browse to option ...it simply says it there is a registry error and the old file does not exist and closes down...without patching anything...

I did get the patch to apply by placing it in the Chief folder on the partition it is installed to...although even then I got the error message about the registry error, when I closed that dbx the patch did run and install to update 9.52-9.53