X6 bug? - Current cad layer keeps changing back after i set it

I upgraded to X6 on Wednesday and may not have my head around it yet, but what is happening is i click the 'CAD' (current cad layer) icon and set my cad layer. After a couple of minutes the current cad layer then reverts back to a layer i have called 'Driveway' I don't know if i'm setting the cad layer incorrectly or it's a bug. I'm finding it a little annoying that after i set the layer i can draw cad lines for a few minutes, then the current layer then changes to this layer.
    No matter what layer i set it is always changing back to 'driveway' layer. I use the 'driveway' layer to draw the outline of my driveway in the site plan set.
    Anyone else had this problem? Or am i doing something wrong setting my cad layer?
    Chief X6
    Cinema 4d R12 Visualize
    Adobe CC

My guess is that you have an Anno set that is changing the current cad layer when you change to that anno set.
    Glenn

Chief X5
    www.glennwoodward.com.au

Windows 7 - Home Premium
    Intel i7-920
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R
    6 Gb DDR3 1600MHz
    EVGA GTX285 1GbDDR3
    1TB Sata HD

Thanks Glenn. Yes it was the default layer in my default annotation set.
    I have not used annotation sets yet as I've only just started using Chief for construction set drawings.
    I think I understand how anno sets work and will start using them now.
    It didn't keep reverting to the default cad layer in X5 so that's what confused me.
    Chief X6
    Cinema 4d R12 Visualize
    Adobe CC