Point to point move in X6

I seem to be having issues with PTP in X6. This is a feature I use constantly; however, with X6 I don't seem to be able to get any precision. When I try to select the object to move, I don't get the familiar red x showing my selection point. When I move, it does not work at all if the object and destination are really close and, if not, it just get an approximate move, not a precision move, as I have come to expect. I have checked my snapping options (which I have never really understood how they all interact etc) and no setting I have tried seems to make a difference.

I have seen no posts on this, so it is likely a product of my own ignorance. But, I still need help if it is available.

Thoughts.
    Gary Turlington
    620 Matthews Road
    Lillington, NC 27546

www.garyturlington.com

910-893-3306

Gary:

Do you have all of your snapping options checked on? I was having an issue the other day and discovered that I needed to put a check mark in one of the boxes for the point to point snapping to work.
    Curt Johnson

X5

Puget Systems Custom Computer, Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, 3.3Ghz Intel Core i5 2500K Quad, 8 GB Kingston DDR3-1333 Ram, Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD App Drive, WD 500 GB Caviar Blue SATA 6 Gb/s Data Drive, EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1024MB VC, Antec 650W PS, Asus p8P67 Pro REV 3.0 Motherboard

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis Johnson View Post
    Gary:

Do you have all of your snapping options checked on? I was having an issue the other day and discovered that I needed to put a check mark in one of the boxes for the point to point snapping to work.
    Thanks Curtis:

That seems to have been the problem. I never have fully understood the snapping system. Seems it never works, for me, exactly the way it purports to do so. Also, as in this instance, it seems to affect other operations as to what snaps are or are not turned on. I usually keep them all on, but occasionally, that creates a problem with something I am trying to do and I turn some or all of them off and forget to turn back on. I suppose that was it. I had all turned on except one and PTP did not work properly.

Thanks for you help, most appreciated.

Gary
    Gary Turlington
    620 Matthews Road
    Lillington, NC 27546

www.garyturlington.com

910-893-3306