Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hey! you should be posting in the new forum.

Andy.
    CA X-V, Sketchup 8 PRO,
    Auto-something '11
    Revit'11
    Windows 7, AMD Phenom 8 core, 12 Gigs. Ram. (Works well together).
    Andre' G. Tardif
    andytardif@gmail.com
    www.draftinginoc.com

Hey! I should be posting in the new forum.

Andy.
    CA X-V, Sketchup 8 PRO,
    Auto-something '11
    Revit'11
    Windows 7, AMD Phenom 8 core, 12 Gigs. Ram. (Works well together).
    Andre' G. Tardif
    andytardif@gmail.com
    www.draftinginoc.com

I'll look into that.

I suspect you may need to accept session cookies to make it work. I'll try to figure out how to repro that. I had a lot of that error earlier when I first started making the new login system work.
    Dan Park,
    Special Projects Director,
    Chief Architect

Dan:

I went into to my Firefox Security tab and copied the new forum link to allow Firefox to open that link. That didn't help either. I even got out of FF and then back in ... that didn't help. My last resort would be to restart my computer but I dont' want to right now. Hope you can figure this out for me. Chomping at the bit to get my new handle. I was hoping for one like "Spudnik" ... maybe it is already taken. Thanks.

Edit: I even went out and knocked the snow off my dish and that didn't help either.
    Curt Johnson

X5

Puget Systems Custom Computer, Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, 3.3Ghz Intel Core i5 2500K Quad, 8 GB Kingston DDR3-1333 Ram, Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD App Drive, WD 500 GB Caviar Blue SATA 6 Gb/s Data Drive, EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1024MB VC, Antec 650W PS, Asus p8P67 Pro REV 3.0 Motherboard

You would think knocking the snow off the dish would make the difference. Is it possible to try a different browser?

I'm at a loss to explain why it's happening but I am relatively certain that it's a redirect issue. In firefox can you click on tools> web developer> Web Console and refresh. I would be interested to see what redirects you are seeing.
    Dan Park,
    Chief Architect

I think I found a potential issue in firefox that can cause this problem.

Under Tools> Options> Privacy there is a dropdown for remember history:

If you are using custom settings you may need to add and exception for the following:

forums.chiefarchitect.com
    accounts-rp2.chiefarchitect.com
    login.chiefarchitect.com

Choose allow on all of these and see if that works.
    Dan Park,
    Chief Architect

Doesn't it beg the question - Why?
    The purpose of Government is to control the common resources, not the common man.

Larry Hawes
    Hawes Home Design
    Vista, CA
    Hawes Home Design

X5 and X6 Public Beta 3
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
    Motherboard EVGA Classified SR-2
    Processors (2) 6 core Xeon L5640
    Memory 24GB PNY DDR3 1600
    Video EVGA GTX 780
    Monitor 26" LG 1920 x 1200
    21" Viewsonic

I just added the other two exceptions and tried the link again but no go.

The first time I did the Tools>Web Developer>Web Console ... There was a long line of info including something wrt PDF's that I didn't get the last time I repeated this. Here's a snip of the most recent results:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WebDevWebConsole.JPG 
Views:	414 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	62589

Way over on the right side of each of those lines of info is: vbulletin-cor...:11

When you say refresh, do you mean just click "Enter"? I couldn't find an icon or anything in the menu that was a "refresh" command.

Edit:

When I hover the mouse cursor over the vbulletin.... this is what it says:

http://www.chieftalk.com/clientscrip...-core.js?r=422
    Curt Johnson

X5

Puget Systems Custom Computer, Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, 3.3Ghz Intel Core i5 2500K Quad, 8 GB Kingston DDR3-1333 Ram, Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD App Drive, WD 500 GB Caviar Blue SATA 6 Gb/s Data Drive, EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1024MB VC, Antec 650W PS, Asus p8P67 Pro REV 3.0 Motherboard

Sorry, I should have had you click the "net" button and unclick all the otherss

Have you tried clearing cookies? Maybe set your security settings back to default?
    Dan Park,
    Chief Architect

Dan:

I will try the "net" button.

I cleared cookies yesterday but will do again today.
    Curt Johnson

X5

Why do forum providers seemingly feel the need to forever be fixing what isn't broken? Yahoo recently unveiled a new design that was not well received - tens of thousands of negative posts - but did they listen? I just gave up and cancelled my account.

Sigh...
    Regards, Frederick C. Wilt (Began with v9, now using X6 aka v16)

Quote Originally Posted by fcwilt View Post
    Why do forum providers seemingly feel the need to forever be fixing what isn't broken?
    I think it has to do with the same reasoning that makes the supermarket rearrange all the shelves just when you finally figure out where everything is.
    My Homebuilt Rig:
    Intel DZ77GA-70K Extreme MB with Intel Core i7-3770K Quad Core CPU @ 3.5GHz
    Power Supply - Corsair Professional Series AX750
    Applications Drive – Intel 335 Series 240GB SSD
    Data Drive – Western Digital Velociraptor 600GB
    Memory – Corsair Vengeance 32 GB DDR3 1600MHz
    Video - NVIDIA Quadro 4000 2GB GDDR5
    Monitors - 2 Dell U3014 30”

My Software:
    CA X6 Build: 16.1.1.9x64
    Home Designer Pro 2014
    SolidWorks 2012-2013-2014
    AutoCAD 2005–2006

Quote Originally Posted by billemery View Post
    I appreciate that you will be keeping older posts available for searching; but I would hate to lose this information in only a year.
    I rely heavily on searching the forum to get information and solve problems. I find it a far more usable resource than the help section, or the manual.
    All of the other help available is cursory; Chieftalk is a place where things have been explored in depth. This archive of information is important in that it helps me to explore the limits of what is possible in Chief.
    I agree with Bill. Why one year?
    I do not like the idea to log into the new forum with my CA account login for the same reason that I would not log into my bank info sessions with my bank account login.
    Francois
    X4

When they shut this site down, we will lose the ability to find my videos that are only found via this web site..... once in a while I need to go back and review a vid.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

I still don't get it Dan - Why?

You have apparently found a solution to a problem that didn't exist, or at least a problem that no one was aware of, and have introduced new potential problems that will not serve your used base in a way that anyone can discern will be better. Why?

The treasure trove of information on this old forum will be available for a year? Then what? It's gone?

Why? What was the thought process? I'm really curious as I simply don't get it.
    The purpose of Government is to control the common resources, not the common man.

Larry Hawes
    Hawes Home Design
    Vista, CA
    Hawes Home Design

X5 and X6 Public Beta 3
    Motherboard EVGA Classified SR-2
    Processors (2) 6 core Xeon L5640
    Memory 24GB PNY DDR3 1600
    Video EVGA GTX 780
    Monitor 26" LG 1920 x 1200
    21" Viewsonic