Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by dshall View Post
    Fred, you are fighting a losing battle. Come join the dark side and help us make it better, better, better, ( think Beatles )
    Hi D. Scott,

Yeah I know it's a losing battle but I still feel the need to speak out. I was a developer for 35+ years and had to ride herd over a bunch of them so I have some idea of how they think. Let's put it this way - common sense is not that common.

For example a forum (not CA) where the next message/prev message buttons where removed - so the only way to navigate was by going back to the message tree view for that thread and picking the next message. It was so frustrating I just gave up and closed my account.

On the bright side we are all in this together.
    Regards, Frederick C. Wilt (Began with v9, now using X6 aka v16)

I get it Fred. There have been some complaining about the navigation tools and I think Dan is working on it. Tough to navigate on the Iphone.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

I, for one, like this forum interface and having difficulty with the new
    If I had a vote - guess you can imagine what it would be
    Randy
    10.08/X4/X5 Win7Pro64
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual - 4200+ @ 2200 MHz
    4G DDR-SDRAM
    Geforce 550 Ti Fermi 1G

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    "The goal here is to provide a single sign on experience. That was not possible with Vbulletin."
    Dan, I don't like to use my login information from the digital locker to login to the forum. I don't understand the risk, that's why I'm not comfortable.
    You are not logging into the forum you are logging into Chief Architect. Your password never get's transmitted to the forum. Only your email and handle. When you login we redirect the browser to the Chief login site then you get redirected back with credentials. Then the forum server contacts the login server in a process that occurs on a private network to get your user information. It's the safest cutting edge technology available.

If you don't want to use the digital locker login, create a new one with a different email.
    Dan Park,
    Special Projects Director,
    Chief Architect

Quote Originally Posted by dshall View Post
    I get it Fred. There have been some complaining about the navigation tools and I think Dan is working on it. Tough to navigate on the Iphone.
    Hmmm, Tested with IPhone and Android. I thought the new site navigation was much easier than what happens on this site. Or did you try to use the "Full Version" template?
    Dan Park,
    Special Projects Director,
    Chief Architect

Thanks Dan, that makes it clear enough.
    Ash Shaker
    Architect
    Ash Tree Architecture
    Elkridge, MD, USA
    CA X5