Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bill, I finally figured it out. When I make the CAD BLOCK, the CAD BLOCK lines, fills etc must be on the PLANT LAYER, which is the layer the plant itself will be on.

Except for the good cad block, all the other cad block items I had drawn were on the CAD LAYER, that is why they did not work. A very subtle difference, but very valuable to understand.

So, if I were to move my plant from the plant layer to the INDOOR PLANT LAYER, I would lose the ability to control the line wts, styles and colors because the cad lines for the cad block were on the PLANT LAYER and not the INDOOR PLANT LAYER.

Wow, who would of thunk it...........

suppose you wanted to move that plant to the INDOOR PLANT LAYER, you would be able to control it via THAT LAYER by changing from BLOCK SETTING TO IMAGE SETTING, but.... but.... but... now you give up the fills.

Thanks for the help Bill. Hope the home show is going well for you and you are netting some good leads.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

What is neat about this is, you can now go into CA's plant cad blocks, unblock, put on PLANT LAYER, give it a fill, reblock, add to your library. Now you can assign these cad blocks to your plants and because of the fills, a taller plant can cover a portion of a lower plant so the 2d drawing looks cleaner. If you don't want the fill for any reason, simply assign it to an image setting.

Easy peasy except for the machinations of manipulating their cad blocks. A few hours work. I have a client who is very annal and he likes his site plans a certain way.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Hey Scott,

Don't want to change the subject (even though my interest level is right at about zero), but...with the new forum starting up, you better go crazy with the posts if you wanna reach 10,000 before they start you over!!
    Michael

Chief Architect X3-X6
    Windows 7
    I5 Quad core 8 GB
    NVIDEA Ge Force GT430

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Son View Post
    Hey Scott,

Don't want to change the subject (even though my interest level is right at about zero), but...with the new forum starting up, you better go crazy with the posts if you wanna reach 10,000 before they start you over!!
    You know Michael, it is a pretty stupid topic, I've lived for 8 years not knowing this, but I think it will be helpful doing presentation landscape plans, especially when dealing with this new client.

10,000? This new forum is coming on line just in time. I don't want people to think that I have no life except for this forum.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

Quote Originally Posted by dshall View Post
    You know Michael, it is a pretty stupid topic, I've lived for 8 years not knowing this, but I think it will be helpful doing presentation landscape plans, especially when dealing with this new client.

10,000? This new forum is coming on line just in time. I don't want people to think that I have no life except for this forum.

Hahahaha : D I guess you're right. 10,000 may be a dubious milestone.

For the record, I didn't say the topic was stupid, just that it didn't interest me.
    Michael

Chief Architect X3-X6
    Windows 7
    I5 Quad core 8 GB
    NVIDEA Ge Force GT430

Scott,

Attached screen shot shows that the three circled plants have fill. I added a red filled background to highlight point, are we seeing two different things.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bill's filled plant.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	204.4 KB 
ID:	62590  
    William Page Architects A.I.A.
    pagearch@whidbeyisland.com

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook
    Intel i7 CPU Q720@1.60 boost to 2.80 GHZ
    4.00 GB
    Graphics card 1GB Nvidia Geforce
    27" HDMI monitor

Quote Originally Posted by kenoeightspot View Post
    Scott,

Attached screen shot shows that the three circled plants have fill. I added a red filled background to highlight point, are we seeing two different things.
    Bill, I do indeed see the filled plants...... but......why are some of the plants blue and why are some red. I would assume that all of the plants are on the same layer, and if that was the case, they should all be the same color since we want to be able to control the plant line style via the layer. Since they are not the same color, I believe you have done something else that does not meet the specifications the manufacturer has requested.

If I were to guess, your blue plant is on the CAD LAYER, and to get this to work, you changed the line style of the cad layer, which will effect all of your cad lines. Try putting the blue plant back on the plant layer and see what you get.

I will do a video in regards to landscape plans and I think it will be pretty darn good.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

Scott,

The blue plants are on layer "Plants3" to show you that the cad lines could be controlled by layers.
    William Page Architects A.I.A.
    pagearch@whidbeyisland.com

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook
    Intel i7 CPU Q720@1.60 boost to 2.80 GHZ
    4.00 GB
    Graphics card 1GB Nvidia Geforce
    27" HDMI monitor

Quote Originally Posted by kenoeightspot View Post
    Scott,

The blue plants are on layer "Plants3" to show you that the cad lines could be controlled by layers.
    Okay, the only plan from you I have is from post 14. Would you mind posting the plan that has the plants3 layer?

As I am looking at you file from post 14, there is no fill for the blue plant on the plants 2 layer.

I think I have it figured out, just trying to confirm I am not missing something that you are seeing.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

BTW, if I select your plants from post 14 and change from IMAGE SETTINGS to BLOCK SETTINGS, I do get the fill, but now I have lost the ability to control line style via the PLANT LAYER.

With my method, I can maintain my fill and control the line style via the plant settings which is the layer the plant is on.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX