Labels in Layout

I thought it would be a great idea to send details from a CAD details to layout. In layout, I would edit the detail label to include the detail number and the layout page # so that when a details was relocated from one sheet to another it would update the page info. Without getting bogged down in the logistics of connecting the data to the callouts, it seems that the page info doesn't display? I've tried with details sent from a CAD detail in the layout as well as with camera views from the plan. Any thoughts?
    Matt Kennedy
    Win7, v2 beta thru x6

Matt,

If I'm not mistaken you can set the Camera to be a Callout. When that's sent to Layout it should update the Callout with the Layout Page Number..
    Joseph P. Carrick, Architect - AIA
    ASUS M51AC Desktop, core i7-4770 CPU @3.4 GHZ, 16 GB Ram, NVidea GT640 with60M with 3GB GM, 30" HiRes (2560/1600) Monitor , (2) 24" ASUS Monitors
    Windows 8.1
    Chief Architect 9, 10, X1, X3, X4 Premium, X5 Premium, X6 Premium

Joe, that's what I sadi.
    I so use cameras as callouts, works nicely. I label the camera in plan, that shows up in the layout view label. The label can include a scale macro.
    Now I want to send a library standard detail to a CAD detail, from there send a view to layout. It might be nice if the layou view label could incorporate a macro to display the layout page number as part of the label - "Detail 1\%page%". But the page number doesn't display.
    Matt Kennedy
    Win7, v2 beta thru x6

I talked to tech support - they verified the layout macros don't work
    Matt Kennedy
    Win7, v2 beta thru x6