Thread: Crosshairs?

Hybrid View

Curt
    The file is 3 mb so I sent it to dropbox https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...dle%20Lane.zip
    Let me know if ok thanks
    Sal Genovese A.I.A.
    User since Ver 3 ! (not X3) -X6
    i7 Hexi-core 3.40 ghz
    32 Gb RAM
    NVidia GTX 780ti 3gb
    1TB SSD
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    (2) 27" ASUS monitors (1) 32" LED TV

Sal:

Here's my initial RT without monkeying with any settings.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RayTr5Passes_2min22sec.JPG 
Views:	220 
Size:	101.1 KB 
ID:	62574

My ambient daytime lighting was way down. The RT time was 2 min. 22 sec.s for 5 passes without changing anything to make the image look better.

Here's another one I did with some changes in settings [turned off almost all the lights in the plan; daytime ambient @ 50%, and ray trace lighting changes as shown in the 2nd image below].

Name:	RayTr5PassesLightingChgd.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	149.5 KB 
ID:	62577 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RTLightgSettings.JPG 
Views:	205 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	62578

The RT time this time was 4:18. This image looks a little washed out IMO. Your's looks much nicer. I am not the greatest ray tracer and it often takes me a lot of trial and error before I am "sort of" happy with the results. My camera angle and position is different than yours. I see the windows in mine are changed from when you did yours. I had the light in the stairs turned on but didn't get the lighting effect in the circular window that you did. Maybe I needed to change the time of day to either earlier or darker. But our shaddows off the eaves etc. are comparable so I am not sure why that round window isn't showing some lighting in it.

Here's my preferences settings for renders and ray traces ... I am not sure if I have changed any of these or they are the default settings.

Name:	Preferences-MyRenderSettings.JPG 
Views:	184 
Size:	84.2 KB 
ID:	62581 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Preferences-MyRayTraceSettings.JPG 
Views:	217 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	62582

I hope this info helps you. I need to get some of my own work done now.
    Curt Johnson

X5

Puget Systems Custom Computer, Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, 3.3Ghz Intel Core i5 2500K Quad, 8 GB Kingston DDR3-1333 Ram, Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD App Drive, WD 500 GB Caviar Blue SATA 6 Gb/s Data Drive, EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1024MB VC, Antec 650W PS, Asus p8P67 Pro REV 3.0 Motherboard