Thread: Crosshairs?

Threaded View

Sal:

If we are both comparing X6 ray traces, then I don't think it matters if it was created in an earlier version, unless there are problems with the plan. If the plan isn't too big you may be able to post it here on Chief Talk. First, you will need to save the plan. At this point there are two ways to go: 1. Create a backup of the entire plan including all the textures that go with it; 2. Create a backup of the plan without all the textures (I think this is the same as just sending your plan by selecting the plan file). Once that is done, close the plan in Chief (you can leave Chief open), navigate to where the plan (or backup plan folder) is stored in My Doc's or wherever you have it, right click on it and the click on send to compressed folder (or something similar to this). This will create a new compressed folder of your plan with the compression icon shown on the folder. Then, back in ChiefTalk, click on "Go Advanced" at the bottom right, then scroll down to "Manage Attachments" and click on it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ManageAttachments.JPG 
Views:	195 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	62560

This will (should) open a new dialog called File Upload Mangager. For some reason when I click on that, the dialog flashes on my screen but then disappears. I use FireFox and I then have to click on the dialog (it is still there ... just reduced to an icon on my task bar as a second FireFox window) in my FireFox task bar to open it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FileUploadMngr.JPG 
Views:	214 
Size:	127.7 KB 
ID:	62561 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FileUploadMngr2.JPG 
Views:	172 
Size:	129.9 KB 
ID:	62562

Then do as follows: Add Files (upper right) > Browse (in popup box ... navigate to your compressed plan file) > Upload (this may take a little time ... eventually a populated box for your uploaded file shows up on the bottom lower left when it is done uploading ... see my 2nd & 3rd images above) > Insert Inline (this places your compressed plan folder wherever your cursor is within the ChiefTalk message box - you may want to reposition it within that box) > Done. If the file isn't two big, you'll be able to attach it within ChiefTalk. If it is bigger than 2 Megs or whatever the max. size limit is for ChiefTalk, then you'll have to use some other method such as DropBox which has a free subscription for users who don't need a lot of space because of infrequent use. You would actually be posting a DropBox link to your plan file stored in the cloud at DropBox's server wherever it is located. You can find instructions on how to use it on their website. There may be some videos on using DropBox that you can find here on ChiefTalk by doing a search.
    Curt Johnson

X5

Puget Systems Custom Computer, Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, 3.3Ghz Intel Core i5 2500K Quad, 8 GB Kingston DDR3-1333 Ram, Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD App Drive, WD 500 GB Caviar Blue SATA 6 Gb/s Data Drive, EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1024MB VC, Antec 650W PS, Asus p8P67 Pro REV 3.0 Motherboard