Premier X6 Cross Sections and Perspectives

I try opening a cross section or perspective and it goes to a blank screen? Is there a batch to fix program? Spent hours drawing and now can not open elevations , cross sections or overview--blank. Tried to open plan in Premier x5 and can not read! Need fix in a hurry! Jcarter431

Sound's like a video card driver problem. It may be possible to fix it by tweaking preferences.

Check with your video card manufacturer or laptop vendor for updated drivers.
    Doug Park
    Principal Software Architect
    Chief Architect, Inc.

I am having the same problem except when I go to camera view, overview or elevation the image only shows up when I am dragging it or clicked on it to move it around. What gives? My drivers were updated 10 minutes ago. This alone will make me delete the update and go back to X5!

I am having the same problem on my laptop.

I don't know why you are having trouble. You should contact our support team so that they can get the specifics of the problem, hardware, plans etc. Unfortunately, when it comes to video card drivers the quality is highly variable. Updating drivers from Microsoft won't guarantee that you have the latest drivers. For laptops this may mean going to the laptop or the video card vendor to get the latest drivers.

Also, you may need to play with some of the trouble shooting settings in preferences. Windows 8.1 broke some drivers that can be made to work by unchecking Optimizations On. You may also have some luck tweaking some of the other troubleshooting settings or dropping the MSAA setting to none.

In any case letting support know what hardware and video card driver version you are using would be helpful so that we can add that to our list of video hardware to look for ways to work around problems.
    Doug Park
    Chief Architect, Inc.

Doug
    You guys put this update on the site as a better than X5. There is nothing wrong with my driver! I am using a Sony Vaio top of line with a Windows 7 driver and all video cards work. Premier 5x works just fine! How do I contact your tech support not happy and a Chief member since Chief 4 ! Jeff

Video card drivers are very often buggy. New ones and old ones tend to exhibit the most bugs.

While we test on a wide range of hardware from time to time we discover hardware that is problematic. When we do we try to find ways of working around the problems. But without knowing exactly what hardware you are running the best I can do is offer generic advice. Most often when people have issues like this the driver is the problem. Very often newer or older driver versions are available that don't exhibit the issue.

What are the specifics of the hardware you are running?

It appears from a quick survey that many of the Sony Vaio laptops are running fairly modern versions of Intel HD graphics, which work well in the hardware we have tested. The ones with NVIDIA cards appear to be running hardware that is also known to work.

Sony appears to have a very recent video driver for Intel on their download site, at least for the model I checked.

Just because your hardware is new doesn't mean that it shipped with the latest drivers installed.

Don't depend on Microsoft to get you the latest drivers.

For reference I attached a screen shot of the driver information of my current Intel HD graphics from Chief.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IntelDriverVersion.PNG 
Views:	222 
Size:	69.4 KB 
ID:	62601  
    Doug Park
    Chief Architect, Inc.

You may need to set the laptop to use the video card rather than the onboard graphics. This often has to be set PER PROGRAM, and the laptop may be defaulting to the onboard graphics for the new installation of X6, which therefore could easily have problems.
    Richard
    ---------------
    Richard Morrison
    Architect-Interior Designer
    X6 Premier, Win8 64
    http://www.richardmorrison.com

I went to the HP website for updating my driver and it tells me that my device is not able to receive the update. Apparently they are saying that as of 2-9-14 the warranty on driver updates expired and that I have to purchase a new support (never had to before) plan. I will check on this more but if it is going to be that complicated I will go back to using X5, I don't need extra BS in my life!