Hybrid View

Video card drivers are very often buggy. New ones and old ones tend to exhibit the most bugs.

While we test on a wide range of hardware from time to time we discover hardware that is problematic. When we do we try to find ways of working around the problems. But without knowing exactly what hardware you are running the best I can do is offer generic advice. Most often when people have issues like this the driver is the problem. Very often newer or older driver versions are available that don't exhibit the issue.

What are the specifics of the hardware you are running?

It appears from a quick survey that many of the Sony Vaio laptops are running fairly modern versions of Intel HD graphics, which work well in the hardware we have tested. The ones with NVIDIA cards appear to be running hardware that is also known to work.

Sony appears to have a very recent video driver for Intel on their download site, at least for the model I checked.

Just because your hardware is new doesn't mean that it shipped with the latest drivers installed.

Don't depend on Microsoft to get you the latest drivers.

For reference I attached a screen shot of the driver information of my current Intel HD graphics from Chief.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IntelDriverVersion.PNG 
Views:	355 
Size:	69.4 KB 
ID:	62601  
    Doug Park
    Principal Software Architect
    Chief Architect, Inc.