Question Newbie Spli Level Problem

Hello fellow Home Designer.

I have recently decided to switch from paper design to digitizing my house plan using Chief Architect Premier X6 so that I can present them in 3D.

So far I have went through a lot of training videos (roughly 150 hours) and I really enjoy Chief Architect, it's very simple yet very powerful.

I was able to make digital copy of some simple house plan I had but right now I'm trying to move to more complex plan and I'm having some issues especially with split-level entry.

There is two thing that are causing me problem right now when designing my split level entry in Chief Architect.

One is the "Snapping' features inside the program, it's driving me nuts I just can't seem to understand it and most of the time I will enter a measures such as 7' 3/4" for a walls and it will change it to something else without me asking. Also sometime when connecting to the edge of a wall the walls will go crazy and make gibberish.

Below is the plan I've started and sadly it isn't going well. I had zero problem when doing one level house that were square or rectangle but this one while not very complicated is given me so much problem I'm on the verge on giving up it's only a house with a basement and a simple split level, nothing really fancy and yet I can't input the measures I have properly inside the software and I know those measures are perfect since I drew them on papers and re-verified them dozens of time.

Split Level Plan

The main issues I encounter with that plan is the entry and while it should be easy I just don't get why this is happening, I'm simply unable to center my entry in the center of the house.

If you look at the images I have uploaded you will see the hand-drawn measures for the entry.

I'm not totally sure how to explain what is happening but as soon as I try to draw a walls near one of the corner of the entry the program goes crazy and destroys my exteriors walls.

I'm pretty sure I'm missing something stupid has I don't understand why I can do the exact same entry on a square or rectangular house without any issues but here it is just not working ...

If anyone could help me I would greatly appreciates.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stairserror.png 
Views:	187 
Size:	7.5 KB 
ID:	62554   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stairs2.png 
Views:	194 
Size:	25.5 KB 
ID:	62555   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stairs1.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	62556   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	onpaper2.png 
Views:	198 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	62557   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	onpaper.png 
Views:	197 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	62558  

Those who seek perfections need to know their limits!

I for one don't actually understand the question. A little simplification or clarification may be nice. And you'll find you get a lot more help when you attach the plan.
    Michael

Chief Architect X3-X6
    Windows 7
    I5 Quad core 8 GB
    NVIDEA Ge Force GT430

Vancouver Island - British Columbia - Canada
    Video's 322 and 323. Get a pen out, they are long....and dry.
    Rich Martin
    Vancouver Island, Canada
    Residential Draftsman/Designer
    Really really fast Toshiba Computer with
    all sorts of bright lights and things that go "Bing!"