Ward is offline Registered User Promoted

Dragging wall in X6

In X5 when you dragged a wall, the drywall layer was visible when dragging. Meaning you could pinpoint dragging a wall to a specific CAD point if you wanted to. Like when trying to position perfectly an angled wall when dragging. In X6, only the main layer is shown when dragging. How do I get back the other view when dragging?

Thank you.
    Ward

Chief X5
    HP Pavilion Elite 170f
    Intel Core i7-920, 9GB DDR3 Ram
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX, 1.8GB Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Ward View Post
    In X5 when you dragged a wall, the drywall layer was visible when dragging. Meaning you could pinpoint dragging a wall to a specific CAD point if you wanted to. Like when trying to position perfectly an angled wall when dragging. In X6, only the main layer is shown when dragging. How do I get back the other view when dragging?

Thank you.
    I'm still using x5 and while all layers show when dragging, only the main layer shows a snap point and only the "outside" of the main layer has snap points that work with the point to point. Would be nice if Chief allowed point grabs on both sides of the wall in lieu of having to reverse layers temporarily (which is very counter productive and annoying!).

Why does my typing drag lately when using ChiefTalk? Does this have anything to do with the New ChiefTalk, that I've heard nothing official about? I've been noticing for a few months now. Is the current ChiefTalk somehow corrupted?-BB
    Architect,NOT! (archnot@yahoo.com): Dell XPS 8300, i7-2600 3.40 GHZ Quad Core, Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, ATI-radeon HD 5700 1-gig(not by choice came with cpu), 8 GB RAM, 25" Hanspree HF 255 LCD Moniter- User since Chief '97(v6)-X4

Brad,

You can specify the wall layer snap point by the shortcut Alt+Q or General Wall Defaults.

But what is interesting is that I don't see any wall layers when dragging a wall.
    Glenn

Chief X5
    www.glennwoodward.com.au

Windows 7 - Home Premium
    Intel i7-920
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R
    6 Gb DDR3 1600MHz
    EVGA GTX285 1GbDDR3
    1TB Sata HD

You're right, I can see the wall layers when selected but they disappear during the move (while dragging). Would be nice to see them the entire process instead of just the outer two wall edges.

Alt+Q is a good one. I don't have the internal hard drive to remember key board short cuts but have put that one on a post it. There's no corresponding icon that would allow me to change my wall's snapping layer on the fly. Thanks-Brad
    Architect,NOT! (archnot@yahoo.com): Dell XPS 8300, i7-2600 3.40 GHZ Quad Core, Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, ATI-radeon HD 5700 1-gig(not by choice came with cpu), 8 GB RAM, 25" Hanspree HF 255 LCD Moniter- User since Chief '97(v6)-X4

Brad,

There is a toolbar icon - it's called General Wall Defaults.
    You can also get to it by Defaults...Walls...General Walls.
    A 2 letter sequential shortcut like GW or WD isn't really that hard to remember.
    Or...you could also make it a 3 letter sequential shortcut like GWD, but that restricts your use of GW as a 2 letter shortcut.
    The new sequential shortcuts in X6 make it much, much, much..... easier to utilise keyboard shortcuts.
    Glenn

Chief X5
    www.glennwoodward.com.au

Windows 7 - Home Premium
    Intel i7-920
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R
    6 Gb DDR3 1600MHz
    EVGA GTX285 1GbDDR3
    1TB Sata HD

Glen, I knew how to change the wall "Resize About" snap settings by going to Gen Wall Defaults and by double clicking the wall icon but your key board short cut skips a step by keeping the selected wall active and selected during the process. With the other two methods (Gen wall defaults and double clicking the wall icon) you have to reselect the wall to continue with the move process. So, thanks for that time/step saver.

Man, something's screwy with the lag time of my typing when writing these replys. Reminds me of using my Dad's old Radio Shack Dos computer's word processor.