Gutter Material Changes to Siding??

Hello, can anyone help me with why the gutter material would change from white to look like the siding when I try to make my pony wall a bit higher? It happens also when i removed the pony wall and just tried to change the siding to stone as well and I am not able to change it back to just plain white. See attached pics. Thanks for any help with this one!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	House1.JPG 
Views:	220 
Size:	79.0 KB 
ID:	62519   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	House2.JPG 
Views:	207 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	62520  

You should really attach the plan.
    Michael

Chief Architect X3-X6
    Windows 7
    I5 Quad core 8 GB
    NVIDEA Ge Force GT430

This looks like what is called z fighting. Basically it boils down to how the algorithm for rendering 3D works. You can think of it as taking a fixed number of very thin slices of the model that are parallel to the plane of the computer screen and then layering them on top of each other. This is done 1 pixel at a time so if two items are very close to each other or share the same plane you will get somewhat random results when the computer computes which item is in front.

In the case of things being very close to each other you can help the situation by moving the front clipping plane of the camera further away from the camera location. This can be set in the camera properties.

In the case of two items occupying the same plane what you can do depends on how it was created. If it was created by Chief automatically you may not have the control to change this. But if it was created by you, for example if you pushed a polyline solid into a wall where the outer surface was exactly at the outer wall surface then you can deal with the problem by either moving the solid around or perhaps creating an opening for it.

I hope that all makes sense. You can always contact our support team and they can help you out.
    Doug Park
    Principal Software Architect
    Chief Architect, Inc.

Doug,

It does look like z fighting on the roof surface itself, but his issue was the "gutter" getting the wall siding material applied. Without the Plan to actually examine, there's no way to find out why that is happening. My guess would be "the paint tool" which IMO should never be used.
    Joseph P. Carrick, Architect - AIA
    ASUS M51AC Desktop, core i7-4770 CPU @3.4 GHZ, 16 GB Ram, NVidea GT640 with60M with 3GB GM, 30" HiRes (2560/1600) Monitor , (2) 24" ASUS Monitors
    Windows 8.1
    Chief Architect 9, 10, X1, X3, X4 Premium, X5 Premium, X6 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Carrick View Post
    ... My guess would be "the paint tool" which IMO should never be used.
    I personally think the paint tool is a very handy and efficient tool. The problem I see with it is that it is set to "blend color with material" out of the box which causes most of the problems.
    Michael

Chief Architect X3-X6
    Windows 7
    I5 Quad core 8 GB
    NVIDEA Ge Force GT430

Thanks for the suggestions. I fixed the problem by changing the default settings for my fascia to be colored black and it changed the gutter back to black as well. In a rush to get this job done so I'm happy that fixed the problem though I still don't understand why it would change to that in the first place. I didn't use the paint tool at all. All I was wanting to do was make the pony wall 16 inches higher, which I've done on numerous plans in the past. Anyway, thanks again! Cheers