X6 Mac issue that CA support can't figure out - anyone else having this problem....

I am using the full version of X6 on Mac. I've been on the phone with CA support a couple of times and they don't know what the problem is. I thought I would ask here. By the way, this problem does not happen on my daughter's Macbook.
    When I open a file and go to Save As, the program makes a "doink" sound when I click on it. It's like the Save As box is open but doesn't have the focus. We've tried minimizing windows, viewing all windows, etc.
    I can Force Quit, open CA again, and the Save As button might work that time. Open another file and it locks up again.
    Yesterday I tired to print a layout sheet to PDF and it did the same thing. It was like the PDF dialogue box was open but did not have the focus.
    Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
    Phillip Rye
    Rye Home Energy Consulting and Design
    www.dougrye.com
    www.philliprye.com
    Ver. 12

With the "save as" command, I've noticed that Mac does a lot of auto saving (very unlike Windows). If you are opening an old file to rename it, Mac will try and open the updated file before you renamed it (when you go back to open the original file). I've found that if I want to create a new file out of an existing one, it's best to copy the file, then open and rename it. If it's a new file that you can't do a "save as" then I don't know what to tell you there.

I've had a few issues with pdf files. Make sure if you have a plan that was created on a Windows machine that you do File>Print>Clear printer info. Keep in mind that even if the plan was created on a Mac with bootcamp you will likely still have to do this. Support also suggested that file names may be a problem. Even though Mac gives more liberty in the naming of files, they speculated that the transfer to pdf might be the problem. Don't use symbols like backslash, forward slash or anything other than a period.

On the "force quit" issue, make sure that you click your mouse outside the CA window before you try this, otherwise it won't work. Couldn't tell you how to do that if you are in full screen mode other than F3 (mission control) and go to desktop, then try the force quit.
    X, X3, X5 and X6
    SSA membership since 2011
    Hebrews 3:4
    stevecoxinc.net
    Pinterest
    Houzz

Apple 27" iMac
    3.5GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7 (Turbo boost up to 3.9 GHz)
    32 GB DDR3 1600 MHz
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX780M 4GB GDDR5
    512GB Flash Drive

Did you try rebooting the machine? It sounds as if the menu is disabled. Perhaps the file hasn't finished opening. Is your disk full? Are you running out of memory?
    Doug Park
    Principal Software Architect
    Chief Architect, Inc.

Press the option key while in the file menu to get the save as option on a Mac.

I have also seen issues on my Mac where menu items were greyed out, but selectable. What I wanted worked, so I never thought to report it.
    Mike Gabriel
    TLC Builders, LLC
    www.tlcbuildersllc.com

17" MacBook Pro (Thanks Chief, no BootCamp required!)
    X3, X4, X5, X6 Beta

Have you tried "Repair Disk Permissions" ?
    Greg
    X6 Premier Mac
    Apple Mac Pro
    dual 23" Displays
    40" HD TV as Customer Display
    since Chief Architect '97