Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Gene Davis View Post
    I made a wall invisible, not by designating it as such in the wall spec dialog under GENERAL> OPTIONS, but by making its material as INSULATION>Opening (no material).

Vector views show it as opaque white, not invisible.

Is there another material I should be using to make the wall invisible in vector view?
    I saw Suggestions first and replied there. I believe you just need to edit your "Opening (no material)", to have a "Gap" material type, rather than what it is now, "Area".
    Cliff
    X6

Vista Home Premium SP-2
    Gateway FX6800-01e
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
    7.00 GB RAM DDR 3........64-bit OS
    NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250/PCIe/SSE2 1024 MB Memory

Quote Originally Posted by ambrozac View Post
    I saw Suggestions first and replied there. I believe you just need to edit your "Opening (no material)", to have a "Gap" material type, rather than what it is now, "Area".
    My gosh, did Cliff solve the problem of the white solid . I will look into if tomorrow.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Quote Originally Posted by dshall View Post
    My gosh, did Cliff solve the problem of the white solid . I will look into if tomorrow.
    Yes, I believe he did. I tried it starting with a "Shower Wall". That Wall Type uses a 100% transparent GAP Material and is invisible in both orthographic and perspective views.

Nicely done Cliff.
    Joseph P. Carrick, Architect - AIA
    ASUS M51AC Desktop, core i7-4770 CPU @3.4 GHZ, 16 GB Ram, NVidea GT640 with60M with 3GB GM, 30" HiRes (2560/1600) Monitor , (2) 24" ASUS Monitors
    Windows 8.1
    Chief Architect 9, 10, X1, X3, X4 Premium, X5 Premium, X6 Premium

Nuts, where has Cliff been the last 5 years, thanks Cliff.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Thanks Joe & Scott. FWIW, "Area" will calculate material to the Materials List, whereas "Gap" doesn't.
    Cliff
    X6

Vista Home Premium SP-2
    Gateway FX6800-01e
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
    7.00 GB RAM DDR 3........64-bit OS
    NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250/PCIe/SSE2 1024 MB Memory