Thread: Baseline height

Hybrid View

The base line is always at the outside edge of the wall top plate at the top of rafter. Top of rafter, at this point, is also the point where pitch is measured & set by Chief.

I don't see any reason for you to try and set the baseline height. Chief automatically cals this for you and determines the birdsmouth cut. For the birsmounth, Chief attempts to use a full depth seat cut matching the plate width, unless the pitch is too shallow. Then, will limit the heal cut. HAP is not given but you can cal it from rafter plumb cut - birdsmouth depth. You only need to set either the ridge height or pitch and Chief cals the other parameters.
    Gerry

NewCraft Home Services

Design/ Compliance Review
    PE, X6 , Sketchup 8, TurboCad Pro 20
    -----------------------------------
    ASUS P9X79D, i7-3820, GTX680 w/4gb
    -----------------------------
    If the Government would just cut down more d*** trees, I'd have a much better view of the forest.

Gerry,

I'm modifying wall/room heights after building the roof, so I have to manually modify the roof height accordingly. The only thing I know for certain about the new roof height is the baseline as derived from the wall height (or at least I will know this now that I know what baseline is), I let CA calculate the ridge/fascia heights.

Thanks for the help, guys.