Threaded View

Forward/Backward compatible versions??

Hello,

I've had an issue on Friday where I was doing a job for a client, they specified that I needed to use Chief Architect, which was fine by me as I have versions x2, x3, x4, x5 and now x6... Without thinking I completed the job using x6 sent it over to the client and they contacted me saying they have an older version of Chief and can't open the file? I noticed there is a checkbox which you can tick if you think you might be opening your plan up in an older version of Chief, surely this should be automatic and all versions should work with each other? I understand some materials might not show but the plan should be able to be viewed... Why aren't versions forward compatible?

Now my problem is I'm not sure if they can open it or not, as I started off working in Chief x6 without the box ticked, I then went back into the plan ticked the box saved it and re-sent the plan to the client, however by this time they had already left the office so now I still don't know if they're able to open it, does anyone else here know if the box needs to be ticked from the beginning or if it can just be ticked after the plan is complete?? I'm worried as the deadline for the job is today, and although I sent it last Friday 3 days before the deadline, the client may hold it against me if he can't open the plan when he gets back to the office today?

Thanks,

Phil