Pony Wall won't take paint or wall material texture.

I can't seem to be able to apply paint or texture to my pony wall. Notice the pony wall in the shower? It has drywall and a wood frame rail top. No matter if I use the eyedropper or apply a material via the options panel, it will not apply or update and display the texture.
    Any idea how to correct this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PonyWallIssue.jpg 
Views:	273 
Size:	100.1 KB 
ID:	62465  
    Thanks,

Carl Brooks
    Version: Chief Architect Premier X6
    http://www.iamthereforeipad.com

Carl, you use the tools and dialogs at hand to do such things. In this case the "Eye Dropper or Material Painter" is probably not your best choice as to tools. I cannot tell from your images if the offending wall is one that you re-sized manually or if it is a "solid railing" wall.
    I find that using a wall's dialog box - materials tab is usually better than using an eye-dropper etc.

Any idea how to correct this?
    You can use an invisible wall along with a slab or soffit or poly-line solid to emulate wall and wall parts, there are several ways to do custom showers and their parts, you find the combination of things that works for you.

By the way, what "options panel" are you referring to?

If I understood exactly what is "wrong" with what your posted,I could then offer a specific solution, honestly, I am not sure what you did that did not work or what is there in your images that you do not like. I could guess but I had rather not.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect ® Trainer, Beta Tester, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32, 500 Gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

Chief 7-X6, Home Designer versions 7-2014
    3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-4446
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel
    Help is just an e mail or call away!

David,

Thank you for the response. The Options panel is the Wall specification dialog that appears when I click the "Open Item" icon or press Ctrl-E.

I finally was able to get the top half of the pony wall (interior and exterior) as tempered glass, the interior lower as tile and the exterior lower wall as drywall (same color as the bath). I think my problem was I was trying to specify the material on both the room (shower) and on the individual wall.

What remains is the ledge area between the upper and lower walls. This area, as you can see in the attachment, is exposed framing. How do I get the top ledge to be drywall and treated as the rest of the bathroom's painted walls?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MasterShowerPonyWall.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	62468  
    Thanks,

Carl Brooks
    Version: Chief Architect Premier X6
    http://www.iamthereforeipad.com

Carl,

I create a wall type called painted stud, in the wall definitions I then change the framing material to the material that you want. See the ledge in the shower in attached pic:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Painted stud.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	153.3 KB 
ID:	62477
    Chief Bug Fix Department

Rod
    Chief Ver X1

(Smilies collection from the brilliant creative members of Deviantart and Freethought)