Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by JJohnson View Post
    Trollism Ravenscroft

Get Thee under the bridge !

The purpose of this forum is to allow users to post questions about and share knowledge about the Chief Architect family of software products.
    The question in question is NOT regarding knowledge of the Chief Architect family of software products. It was a construction related question. Its not to uncommon for people to ask for a small piece of construction advice on here, however this particular time, the question was a major one involving an issue that... I'd have to agree...If you have to ask it, maybe you shouldn't be drawing it. And if you do want to draw it, asking here may not be the best of places. Doing a little research and study of your own may be a better approach.

This forum is filled with guys who have invested many many years in education, field experience, ad general study. To ask how to build something is like trying to get someone to do the work for you or give you their wealth of knowledge for free. In this industry its things like how to properly construct a flat roof that give a person much of his/her value and the way they make a living, so its no surprise that some people may not want to just give that knowledge and expertise out. Plus, its really not the type of thing that can be answered on a few forum posts.

I think some people above gave sound advice...do some research, read up, study. Maybe take a few classes. As with most things, there's a lot more to it than meets the eye. There are many different dynamics that come into play, and each building is different. Each climate is different, budgets vary, and local codes are all over the place.

Just a few things to consider.
    Michael

Chief Architect X3-X6
    Windows 7
    I5 Quad core 8 GB
    NVIDEA Ge Force GT430

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Son View Post
    The question in question is NOT regarding knowledge of the Chief Architect family of software products. It was a construction related question. Its not to uncommon for people to ask for a small piece of construction advice on here, however this particular time, the question was a major one involving an issue that... I'd have to agree...If you have to ask it, maybe you shouldn't be drawing it. And if you do want to draw it, asking here may not be the best of places. Doing a little research and study of your own may be a better approach.

This forum is filled with guys who have invested many many years in education, field experience, ad general study. To ask how to build something is like trying to get someone to do the work for you or give you their wealth of knowledge for free. In this industry its things like how to properly construct a flat roof that give a person much of his/her value and the way they make a living, so its no surprise that some people may not want to just give that knowledge and expertise out. Plus, its really not the type of thing that can be answered on a few forum posts.

I think some people above gave sound advice...do some research, read up, study. Maybe take a few classes. As with most things, there's a lot more to it than meets the eye. There are many different dynamics that come into play, and each building is different. Each climate is different, budgets vary, and local codes are all over the place.

Just a few things to consider.
    I just think someone asking for help here should get something more helpfull than a kind of cyber dope slap.

Ron seems like a very nice man and I hope he recieved my jab in fun, as it was intended.

Thank you for your thoughts
    Jere Johnson
    Version X3 & X4 & X5 latest
    Electra Glide Standard