Threaded View

Question To upgrade or not to upgrade

Hi everyone!
    I am using Chief Architect X3 now for several purposes. I am an Interior Designer for a General Contractor in the Milwaukee area in WI. Our company consists of my boss and me... we run the whole operation of designing and managing any job we get. We do residential remodeling work 75% of the time and additions for other 25%. I know I am due for a new computer here at work within the year. My question stems from there. To upgrade from X3 (we have 2 licenses & several computers to update) it costs about $1300 for 1 license. When I started here in 2009 we had X10 and we upgraded a few times after that, obviously. The updates were always helpful- especially the content you could get from the library. I do existing plans, new plans, print plans, product selections (including tile, carpeting, cabinet design, countertops, doors, mouldings, you name it!) I have never in the 5 years of being here and working with chief had to call SSA for help. All my questions have been answered with a little internet searching or here on this forum! (You guys are awesome!)

So my question in a nutshell- Do I ask my boss to upgrade to X6 from X3? I don't do framing plans or super intense plans for anything huge. Are there any perks for upgrading that would be of use to me- someone who doesn't even come close to using this program to its whole capacity. I don't see a breakdown of differences from X-6 to X-3. they show what has changed from the prior version, not one that is a few versions old.
    Sorry for such a vague and open ended question. I figure who better to let me know if it's worth the cost than someone who uses the product. (and not necessarily sells it!)
    Thanks for any opinions!
    Trista- Interior Designer
    Mequon, WI