Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Okay, so I decided to take a little while and look into this issue a little further. I have attached a very quick and simple plan to demonstrate the issues I get on my system. Follow the same steps I describe below to see what you get.

Please note: If you do anything out of order, hit undo, rebuild 3D, etc. that the behaviors change, so please try to follow my steps in order to see if you get the same results.

In my experience, these behaviors are VERY consistent and do not change between plans or from one day to the next.

1. Open a 3D view of the cabinets. Note that I left the doors off to demonstrate how the crown moulding on the wall cabinet builds through the box of the full height cabinet but not through the box of the other wall cabinet.

2. Drag the short wall cabinet a couple feet to the left to get it out of the way

3. Drag the wall cabinet on the left about a foot to the left. Crown moulding stays connected to the full height cabinet for me.

4. Drag the wall cabinet on the right about a foot to the right. Crown moulding on full height cabinet disappears completely for me.

5. Drag the wall cabinet on the right back into position. Crown moulding on full height cabinet reappears for me.

6. Drag the wall cabinet on the right off to the side again. Crown moulding on full height cabinet disappears again for me.

7. Drag the cabinet on the left back into position (with cabinet on right still disconnected). Crown moulding on wall cabinet disappears for me.

8. Drag the wall cabinet on the right back into position. Crown moulding on all 3 cabinets reappears for me.
    9. With all 3 cabinets still together, select the full height cabinet and make it about 6 inches taller. It retains the original crown moulding as well as the new crown moulding for me.

10. Drag the small cabinet on the left back over into its original position. The crown moulding on the larger left wall cabinet now builds through the box on the full height cabinet.

11. Undo and redo the last command. The second crown moulding on the full height cabinet disappears and stays gone for me.

12. Open the full height cabinet and make it 90" tall. Crown moulding disappears for me.

13. Make the full height cabinet taller and shorter. It retains its crown moulding in every position except at exactly 90".

14. Get it back to 90" tall with no crown moulding. Undo and redo the last command and crown moulding reappears for me.

15. Make the full height cabinet 6" shorter. Again, crown moulding "double builds" for me.

16. Undo the last command. Everything back to normal for me.

17. Drag the wall cabinet on the right off to the right again. Crown moulding on both of the left cabinets disappears for me. Drag it back and forth and this behavior is consistent for me.

18. After dragging the wall cabinet away and back again several times, put it back into its original position against the full height cabinet. Undo the last command. Now drag the wall cabinet on the right back and forth again. No longer displays the same behavior for me.

19. Make a change to any of the cabinets (doesn't really matter what). Undo that last command. Now drag the wall cabinet on the right back and forth. Behavior of disappearing and reappearing crown moulding returns for me.

20. Drag the wall cabinet on the right back into position. Adjust the height or depth of either or both of the wall cabinet on the left or the full height cabinet and the crown moulding doesn't change with the cabinet. Undo the last commands to get the 2 wall cabinets and full height cabinet back into position. Now try adjusting the wall cabinet on the right. It doesn't behave the same as the 2 on the left for me.

21. Try experimenting with other changes and combinations of changes (for example, make the full height cabinet taller and repeat some of the steps).

Note that anytime you undo, undo and redo, etc. that the behavior changes. While it may seem random during a normal work day, I think you'll find that its actually not random at all and is quite consistent if you repeat the same process.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Michael

Chief Architect X3-X6
    Windows 7
    I5 Quad core 8 GB
    NVIDEA Ge Force GT430

Well ain't that a pistol Michael. Yep, they definitely misbehave. But KT is correct, rebuild 3d and all is well. Thanks for that KT.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Not exactly correct Scott, for one thing, the crown moulding always builds through the wall of a full height cabinet as if it's ignoring it completely.
    Michael

Chief Architect X3-X6
    Windows 7
    I5 Quad core 8 GB
    NVIDEA Ge Force GT430

I can't remember off hand and I'm not by my computer, however I'm 90% certain there's also another issue that doesn't fix by simply rebuilding 3D (undo/redo also usually does the trick).
    Michael

Chief Architect X3-X6
    Windows 7
    I5 Quad core 8 GB
    NVIDEA Ge Force GT430

Nobody besides Scott tried to see if they get the same results??

Oh well...

I sent the big post above into tech support and they said it's been sent in to be fixed on a future update.
    Michael

Chief Architect X3-X6
    Windows 7
    I5 Quad core 8 GB
    NVIDEA Ge Force GT430