Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I unchecked that and it helped, thanks for the suggestion. BUT........ The hatching stays put now but it still lags to zoom. Hopefully I can get some decent answers from Tech Support.
    Aaron D.

President
    AMD Drafting, LLC
    Lubbock, Texas
    https://www.facebook.com/amddrafting
    www.vintagetownship.com
    X3

Okay, I just figured it out... it's the cabinets.

I turned them all off and I can zoom in and out just fine now. This will not be good if that is how I'm going to have to work from now on. I kind of need cabinets in the plan to work on my projects.
    Aaron D.

President
    AMD Drafting, LLC
    Lubbock, Texas
    https://www.facebook.com/amddrafting
    www.vintagetownship.com
    X3

I'm not having any zooming or panning issues
    Victor Rasilla
    General Building & Engineering Contractor

X1-X5
    CPU - i7-2600K
    MoBo - ASUS P8P67 Deluxe REV 3.0
    RAM - 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1333
    HD - Samsung 500GB SSD
    GPU - MSI GeForce GTX680
    OS - Win 7 Pro 64bit
    PSU - Corsair 750watt

I'm having lag with "help" also-59.6 seconds
    Mark McAniff, Highland, NY

X5 Interiors
    Sager NP9150 Win8, i7 3840-2.8, GTX 670MX 3GB, 16GB DDR3, 256 mSSD, 500HDD
    Dell M4500 Win7 Pro-64, i7 M620, Quadro FX 880M, 8GB

MarkJames & Co. Designers of fine kitchens, baths, and built-ins.
    www.markjames.co

Quote Originally Posted by MarkMc View Post
    I'm having lag with "help" also-59.6 seconds
    Me too

Only on initial opening of Help. I have taken to always opening it on start and leaving it open in the taskbar.

This happened with the final release. Hope they fix it.
    Gerry

NewCraft Home Services

Design/ Compliance Review
    PE, X6 , Sketchup 8, TurboCad Pro 20
    -----------------------------------
    ASUS P9X79D, i7-3820, GTX680 w/4gb
    -----------------------------
    If the Government would just cut down more d*** trees, I'd have a much better view of the forest.

Opening Help:

On the MAC, 1.3 sec,
    On the PC, 8 seconds, tested again and it was 1.0 sec.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Could be a 3d molding attached to the cabinets, those can really slow things down. Now you can adjust those to generate faster.
    Perry
    P.H. DESIGNS L.L.C.
    Eastvale Calif.
    Alienware, liquid cooled
    Ver 10-"X6 x64 SSA
    WIN 8.1 PRO 64 bit
    Nvidia GTX780 3GB.
    i7 920 2.67-- 12 GB Ram
    40" led monitor

The first time help is loaded we register the help files to make sure they are updated. This takes a bit longer, but normally is about a second.

The second time we launch during a chief session it should be faster if the registration is causing the problem.

For those seeing the problem does help launch slowly every time you use it or just the first time?

The thing is we have not changed how help works much since the first beta so we think the problem may be due to user settings. For those who are having the problem try the following:
    1) Close Chief and Open %appdata%

2) Move up a directory then open the "Local" directory

3) Find a folder called "chiefarchitect" all lower case

4) Rename the folder.

5) Open Chief and see if that makes a difference.

It also may be a matter of cleaning up your hard drive. Try running disk cleanup and removing temporary files and see if that helps.

Contact technical support if you see this issue so we can troubleshoot the problem.
    Dan Park,
    Special Projects Director,
    Chief Architect

Here's what I found.

By excluding/excepting QuickTime and Chief Architect Folders from my AntiVirus program and from Windows Firewall - everything is almost instantaneous.

Chief loads much faster - 1-2 seconds vs 10 seconds
    Plans and Layouts load much faster - 1-10 seconds depending on the Plan size
    Help Loads much faster - 1-2 seconds vs 50 seconds+/-

I believe that Help uses QuickTime but maybe that's not the case. IAE, excluding those folders from my Anti-Virus and Windows Firewall - there's a drastic decrease in the amount of time that it takes to Load.
    Joseph P. Carrick, Architect - AIA
    ASUS M51AC Desktop, core i7-4770 CPU @3.4 GHZ, 16 GB Ram, NVidea GT640 with60M with 3GB GM, 30" HiRes (2560/1600) Monitor , (2) 24" ASUS Monitors
    Windows 8.1
    Chief Architect 9, 10, X1, X3, X4 Premium, X5 Premium, X6 Premium

Help does not use QuickTime that I am aware of. I wonder if it's related to file types associated with QuickTime?

It makes a lot of sense that the anti-virus program would be scanning the help executable and files it reads and creates.

Possibly a very restrictive firewall setting might cause a problem since we are communicating between two programs.
    Dan Park,
    Chief Architect

Dan,

The only reason that I thought it might be QuickTime was due to the fact that Help shows up in the Task Manager as qthelp and I thought that the "qt" indicated QuickTime.

I haven't tried removing that exception from my AntiVirus. Maybe it's just the Chief Folders that need to be exceptions.

BTW, I'm using ESET NOD32 Antivirus on the system that I just checked. I will try it with McAfee when I get home this afternoon.
    ASUS M51AC Desktop, core i7-4770 CPU @3.4 GHZ, 16 GB Ram, NVidea GT640 with60M with 3GB GM, 30" HiRes (2560/1600) Monitor , (2) 24" ASUS Monitors
    Windows 8.1

renamed to chiefarchitect2- new folder appears after launching cheif- allowed in firewall (quick time is not on my machine), cleared 19 temp files, 3 remain in appdata subfolders, 2 in windows temp-launched help same, closed help, relaunch help- 49.4 seconds. No anti virus running in background.
    Will get to tech when I can- already have another more pressing issue in with them that is killing one job.

X5 Interiors

www.markjames.co

I removed QuickTime from my AntiVirus Exceptions and Help still loads fast.

I excepted the following Folders:

C:\Program Files\Chief Architect\Chief Architect Premier X6 (64 bit\*.*
    D:\ProgramData\*.*

Note the second folder is the actual location of my Project Data Files.
    Windows 8.1

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Carrick View Post
    Dan,

The only reason that I thought it might be QuickTime was due to the fact that Help shows up in the Task Manager as qthelp and I thought that the "qt" indicated QuickTime.

I haven't tried removing that exception from my AntiVirus. Maybe it's just the Chief Folders that need to be exceptions.

BTW, I'm using ESET NOD32 Antivirus on the system that I just checked. I will try it with McAfee when I get home this afternoon.
    Ahhh... I see. QT is the name of the framework we use for much of our cross platform functionality. Rather than roll our own help system for this release we decided to use QT help which provides some very good functionality quite similar to HTML help. The application we use is called assistant and is located in the "..\Manual\bin" folder of the "Chief Architect Install". It's a general help viewer that is sometimes used by other applications as well.
    Dan Park,
    Chief Architect

Nope-
    did notice that I have D:\ProgramData\Chief Architect Interiors x5 but no x6- I also have C:\ProgramData- Chief Architect, ...Interiors x5, ...interiors x6, and viewer x5..
    Originally machine was set with os and program files on C: and data including documents and settings on D:
    Everything has been a default install so I don't know why there is a difference in what is in the D:\ProgramData folder.

X5 Interiors

www.markjames.co