Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Problem solved here when "Run as Administrator". thanks all. Went from 35 secs to instant. Thanks Dan
    Doug Maddox
    Seymour, IL (Near Champaign & U of Illinois)
    Version X4 14.1.0.78x64
    Version X5
    Version X6 Beta
    HP dv6 laptop
    Intel I7 Quad Core, 2.5 ghz
    8 gb ram
    HD 6770 Video Card
    Windows 7

Also: X4 14.1.0.39x32
    Core 2 Quad, 2.5 ghz
    2 gb ram
    NVIDIA 512 mb

Dan- you may want to take a look at Ticket 37376:-I had an issue with layersets disappearing between saves and print dbx locking up (related)
    After the "run as.." fix I was able to work with the offending file- didn't fix the existing missing sets but prevented further loss and now works and no more freeze.
    Mark McAniff, Highland, NY

X5 Interiors
    Sager NP9150 Win8, i7 3840-2.8, GTX 670MX 3GB, 16GB DDR3, 256 mSSD, 500HDD
    Dell M4500 Win7 Pro-64, i7 M620, Quadro FX 880M, 8GB

MarkJames & Co. Designers of fine kitchens, baths, and built-ins.
    www.markjames.co

Run as administrator resolved the "Help" issue for me. I thought I was, but placed X6 on the task bar before opening.

Thanks,
    Jim Johnston
    X1, X2, X3, X4, X5 HP Workstation Z400

Thanks Dan. "Run as Administrator" works for me as well. I use two other programs, that work with Chief Architect and found I had to change them too, but all seems well so far.
    Cliff
    X6

Vista Home Premium SP-2
    Gateway FX6800-01e
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
    7.00 GB RAM DDR 3........64-bit OS
    NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250/PCIe/SSE2 1024 MB Memory

Running as Administrator fixed the Help problem for me - thanks Dan.
    Glenn

Chief X5
    www.glennwoodward.com.au

Windows 7 - Home Premium
    Intel i7-920
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R
    6 Gb DDR3 1600MHz
    EVGA GTX285 1GbDDR3
    1TB Sata HD

X6 Projection Window Problems.

Here is a list of things that don't work correctly with this type of Window:

1. "Frames" do not show inside the opening as they do with other Windows.
    2. "Casings, Lintels, Sills and Aprons" default to a gray color and they are not available for editing in the Materials Tab of the Window dbx. They can be "Painted" but that's not the same thing.
    3. If the Symbol dbx indicates that "System supplies Casings" they should only be defaulted on for "Interior Casings", etc. Generally Projection Windows would not have Casings, Sills, Lintels or Aprons on the Exterior. Currently it results in both Interior and Exterior.
    Joseph P. Carrick, Architect - AIA
    ASUS M51AC Desktop, core i7-4770 CPU @3.4 GHZ, 16 GB Ram, NVidea GT640 with60M with 3GB GM, 30" HiRes (2560/1600) Monitor , (2) 24" ASUS Monitors
    Windows 8.1
    Chief Architect 9, 10, X1, X3, X4 Premium, X5 Premium, X6 Premium

Dan.

"Run as Administrator" fixed the slow help screen. Now less than 1 sec.

Jon
    Jon Scussel
    JCS Services
    X6

Yes, The Run as has cured my slow help blues too.

Thanks!!
    Victor Rasilla
    General Building & Engineering Contractor

X1-X5
    CPU - i7-2600K
    MoBo - ASUS P8P67 Deluxe REV 3.0
    RAM - 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1333
    HD - Samsung 500GB SSD
    GPU - MSI GeForce GTX680
    OS - Win 7 Pro 64bit
    PSU - Corsair 750watt

3 seconds on initial help launch. Less than 1 second on subsequent. Just realized I never use the help file. Oh well.
    The purpose of Government is to control the common resources, not the common man.

Larry Hawes
    Hawes Home Design
    Vista, CA
    Hawes Home Design

X5 and X6 Public Beta 3
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
    Motherboard EVGA Classified SR-2
    Processors (2) 6 core Xeon L5640
    Memory 24GB PNY DDR3 1600
    Video EVGA GTX 780
    Monitor 26" LG 1920 x 1200
    21" Viewsonic

Losing layout sets-with the number of revisions I typically have some projects get a lot of layout sets when views are sent over if I let them "make a copy"
    I first ran into this with a newer plan-created in beta. Open layout and get error message that layout xx can't be found.
    I went through this a bit with tech support not sure I managed to get the information through and gave up after recreating a new plan and layout.

I had tried: making new layouts and sending views to layout creating new layersets- did this several times, methodically saving both layout AND plan after each view was sent. Closed plan and layout- opened and got the same message- always the last layerset was missing, often all the new ones. The missing layerset resulted in a frozen print DBX.
    After changing to run as administrator I was able to reassign layer sets and avoid the print freeze, and new layersets appear to be saved properly.
    Was thinking about this last night so opened some legacy layouts (x5) that I knew would have lots of layersets- some got the same message some did not- in most cases just for the last layerset made. Immediately declined and closed the layout.
    I then tried the same problem files with x5 with no problem-and the "missing" layerset was available.
    Not sure if this has to do with bad practice on my part, or interiors, or the current phase of the moon. Didn't see anyone else with this- just thought I'd mention it.
    Mark McAniff, Highland, NY

X5 Interiors
    Sager NP9150 Win8, i7 3840-2.8, GTX 670MX 3GB, 16GB DDR3, 256 mSSD, 500HDD
    Dell M4500 Win7 Pro-64, i7 M620, Quadro FX 880M, 8GB

MarkJames & Co. Designers of fine kitchens, baths, and built-ins.
    www.markjames.co

I don't recommend using Run as Administrator as that will break some features, such as drag and drop of files from Explorer to Chief and possibly other things.
    Doug Park
    Principal Software Architect
    Chief Architect, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkMc View Post
    Losing layout sets-with the number of revisions I typically have some projects get a lot of layout sets when views are sent over if I let them "make a copy"
    I first ran into this with a newer plan-created in beta. Open layout and get error message that layout xx can't be found.
    I went through this a bit with tech support not sure I managed to get the information through and gave up after recreating a new plan and layout.

I had tried: making new layouts and sending views to layout creating new layersets- did this several times, methodically saving both layout AND plan after each view was sent. Closed plan and layout- opened and got the same message- always the last layerset was missing, often all the new ones. The missing layerset resulted in a frozen print DBX.
    After changing to run as administrator I was able to reassign layer sets and avoid the print freeze, and new layersets appear to be saved properly.
    Was thinking about this last night so opened some legacy layouts (x5) that I knew would have lots of layersets- some got the same message some did not- in most cases just for the last layerset made. Immediately declined and closed the layout.
    I then tried the same problem files with x5 with no problem-and the "missing" layerset was available.
    Not sure if this has to do with bad practice on my part, or interiors, or the current phase of the moon. Didn't see anyone else with this- just thought I'd mention it.
    Mark, I have a bug report on the print dialog issue. Early tests indicate this may only be happening in Interiors, not Premier, it's likely that is why no one has reported a problem here because most users are using Premier. I'll track it down. I think you got a work around from support?

Typically missing layer sets in layout are caused by the layer set being deleted from the plan. I don't think the hang in the print dialog is related. I believe it is a different problem.

We should be starting new threads for each problem. This thread is getting overloaded.
    Dan Park,
    Special Projects Director,
    Chief Architect

This thread has been a great tool, we got a lot done but it's overloaded with different issues. For that reason I am closing it for posting.

Please start new threads and try to keep them on topic.

Thanks everyone for participating!
    Dan Park,
    Special Projects Director,
    Chief Architect