Certain items not printing on Layout

Using V 6 beta,I had a few occasions where items on layout sheets were simply not printing. Long time user here, familiar with all the routine of printing from layout. At first in Beta it was PDF imports not printing even though they were clearly inside the layout sheet etc. I figured it was Beta and an import so that there is just a quirk to work out. Upgraded to V 6 the other day. Now an image of an overview sent directly to layout is not printing ,again even though it is one of several on the layout sheet. The entire layout border etc. print fine, as do the other items on the sheet, its just a big blank hole in the middle of the layout sheet. Anyone else experiencing this? I closed it out, reopened it,reprinted it and the same image did not print. Is this a bug? Thanks all.
    Tony Thompson Plans Ahead LLC Branford,Connecticut

If it isn't doing what you want then it deserves some attention by us. Contact support. If we can reproduce it here then hopefully we can figure it out.

There are some known cases on Windows where imported PDFs that contain a lot of bit map graphics will drop out sections when printing. Unfortunately, this is a bug in the third party PDF library that we use for displaying PDFs on Windows. In these cases it is recommended that you convert the PDF to a PNG and import that instead.

It is possible that you are running out of memory. Printing in X6 is somewhat more memory intensive than in X5. I would recommend running the 64 bit version if you aren't already.
    Doug Park
    Principal Software Architect
    Chief Architect, Inc.

Hi Doug,I have plenty of memory and am running 64 bit. I have a pretty high power Dell XPS,very graphic/gamer oriented set up because I use Chief exclusively. The latest item that didn't print even after a reboot was not a PDF,it was a colored simple floor plan overview image. Been printing with CA since V 4,know my way around fairly well. I am unsure how to send you the issue, there was never an error message on any of the layouts that these singular items didn't print. Its definitely an issue, I have been running X-5 on the same computer for a year now with out a hiccup. You guys have been great thru the last releases, not a lot of bugs like the old days,I am sure you will figure it out. Again, my computer/printer (hp 130NR) set up has worked without a hitch,nothing new,no new software besides Chief 6. Let me know what you would like me to do.Thanks.
    Tony Thompson Plans Ahead LLC Branford,Connecticut

Contact support.
    Doug Park
    Principal Software Architect
    Chief Architect, Inc.

My layout printing issue just started Friday. I installed the latest update, and still the same issue. When I open the print dialog box, any button I hit freezes Chief and I have to end task. I tried "clear printer" as others have suggested, but it has not helped. Any suggestions? I have 4 plans that I have to build and put into layouts this week!

Thanks!
    Jason Parsons
    Design Build Pros

jparsons@designbuildpros.com

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600k
    OC to 4.7 GHz
    Dual GTX 580 Video-SLI
    Corsair H100 Liquid Cooler
    16 GB DDR3 ram 1866
    128 GB SSD
    Win 7 Pro-64 Bit
    X-5

huh, and now it seems to work! Out of nowhere.
    Jason Parsons
    Design Build Pros

jparsons@designbuildpros.com

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600k
    OC to 4.7 GHz
    Dual GTX 580 Video-SLI
    Corsair H100 Liquid Cooler
    16 GB DDR3 ram 1866
    128 GB SSD
    Win 7 Pro-64 Bit
    X-5