Can I download MARVIN DOORS AND WINDOWS to a MAC

I went to the web site, http://pros.marvin.com/resources/2d-...windows-doors/ to download the MARVIN CATALOGS, and I received an alert that it did support the MAC OS, is this true. Can I not download THE MARVIN catalog to a MAC?
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Could be they haven't updated their website as X6 isn't a release product yet. Give it a try, see what happens.

jon
    Intel Core i7 2670QM 2.2GHz/OC @ 3.1GHz
    32GB Corsair Vengeance SDRAM
    1.5TB HDD
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M (332.21)
    3GB VRAM
    2X ASUS VN247H-P
    Wacom Intuos 4
    Win 7 Pro, 64-bit, SP1
    HDA 10 & HD Pro 2012
    Chief X5 & X6 w/SSA
    A note pad and #2 pencil

My Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by dshall View Post
    I went to the web site, http://pros.marvin.com/resources/2d-...windows-doors/ to download the MARVIN CATALOGS, and I received an alert that it did support the MAC OS, is this true. Can I not download THE MARVIN catalog to a MAC?
    The downloads at the site you listed are .EXE files and will not open on a Mac.
    .EXE is a Windows executable file. A Mac download is usually .DMG.
    Greg
    X6 Premier Mac
    Apple Mac Pro
    dual 23" Displays
    40" HD TV as Customer Display
    since Chief Architect '97

If all you want is the Catalog look here, it's a .PDF and will work on a Mac.

http://www.marvin.com/download.aspx?....e0TvduOU.dpuf

Give it some time and it should open, if not look in your Downloads folder.
    Greg
    X6 Premier Mac
    Apple Mac Pro
    dual 23" Displays

I tried on PC and I can not download on PC either. I get the message, "WINDOWS CANNOT COMPLETE THE EXTRACTION. THE DESTINATION FILE COULD NOT BE CREATED.

I do get an .exe file, but when I double click on it, that is when i get the message "WINDOWS CANNOT COMPLETE THE EXTRACTION. THE DESTINATION FILE COULD NOT BE CREATED.

Maybe I am doing something wrong. There is a zip file named CHIEF ARCHITECT X2 MARVIN WINDOWS AND DOORS. Try downloading and get the message. Has anybody done this yet and if so, would you mind detailing the steps, thanks.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Did you try downloading calibz via the CA 3D Library?

jon
    Intel Core i7 2670QM 2.2GHz/OC @ 3.1GHz
    32GB Corsair Vengeance SDRAM
    1.5TB HDD
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M (332.21)
    3GB VRAM
    2X ASUS VN247H-P
    Wacom Intuos 4
    Win 7 Pro, 64-bit, SP1
    HDA 10 & HD Pro 2012
    Chief X5 & X6 w/SSA
    A note pad and #2 pencil

My Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by jcaffee View Post
    Did you try downloading calibz via the CA 3D Library?

jon
    Jon, I thought it was already downloaded when I initially downloaded libraries for X6. But I did go and give it another try, did download, double clicked to unload into my library, and this is what I get..... see picture..... it gives me a link to go to MARVIN SITE to download. Have you downloaded the Marvin Catalog.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MARVIN.png 
Views:	171 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	62246  
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

It appears that the X1 & X2 files are corrupt. Try loading the ver 10 files. They will load to ProgramFiles/ART/Chief 10/Libraries/ and you get a .alb file which you can convert. Nothing special except dims are right for the model #.
    Gerry

NewCraft Home Services

Design/ Compliance Review
    PE, X6 , Sketchup 8, TurboCad Pro 20
    -----------------------------------
    ASUS P9X79D, i7-3820, GTX680 w/4gb
    -----------------------------
    If the Government would just cut down more d*** trees, I'd have a much better view of the forest.

Quote Originally Posted by gteacher View Post
    It appears that the X1 & X2 files are corrupt. Try loading the ver 10 files. They will load to ProgramFiles/ART/Chief 10/Libraries/ and you get a .alb file which you can convert. Nothing special except dims are right for the model #.
    Thanks Gerry, did it work for the MAC, or do I need to do it on the pc, and then export those to the mac? Rather go straight to mac.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

no -- you get the same exe file, which you can't run on a MAC.

Copy .alb and use legacy convert. - Works OK
    Gerry

NewCraft Home Services

Design/ Compliance Review
    PE, X6 , Sketchup 8, TurboCad Pro 20
    -----------------------------------
    ASUS P9X79D, i7-3820, GTX680 w/4gb
    -----------------------------
    If the Government would just cut down more d*** trees, I'd have a much better view of the forest.

Quote Originally Posted by gteacher View Post
    no -- you get the same exe file, which you can't run on a MAC.

Copy .alb and use legacy convert. - Works OK
    thanks Gerry, gave it a play on PC trying to download X10, no luck, I will call support Monday..... again, so fed up with having to do things over and over...
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

Sheez, you Mac people.....the world doesn't revolve around you (us) ya know!
    X, X3, X5 and X6
    SSA membership since 2011
    Hebrews 3:4
    stevecoxinc.net
    Pinterest
    Houzz

Apple 27" iMac
    3.5GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7 (Turbo boost up to 3.9 GHz)
    32 GB DDR3 1600 MHz
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX780M 4GB GDDR5
    512GB Flash Drive

Quote Originally Posted by Steve C. View Post
    Sheez, you Mac people.....the world doesn't revolve around you (us) ya know!
    I wish would revolve around us, it sure would make life a bit easier. I am fortunate that I have a pc to possibly download the library and then export for mac. What do the other mac users do?
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

I got it to work on a Mac

Quote Originally Posted by dshall View Post

I got it to work on a Mac.
    I went to the Windows7 side of my Mac Pro using BootCamp. I used your link and downloaded;
    Chief Architect > Casement > Casemaster > Chief Architect v10 Marvin Casemaster.
    I Expanded the file, and it creates an install utility.
    I installed it, but the default location is the library of CA ver. 10, which I not longer have installed, so I changed the location to CA X5.
    After installation, I found the file using My Computer in the CA X5 library. I copied Marvin Casemaster.alb to the Windows7 desktop.
    Reboot to the Mac side of the computer.
    Opened CA X6
    Library > Convert Legacy (.alb) Library Files
    I selected the Marvin Casemaster.alb file on the Windows7 Desktop.
    It installed to my User's Library, the windows work on the Mac version.
    Greg
    X6 Premier Mac
    Apple Mac Pro
    dual 23" Displays

Thanks Greg, I am dumb enough I still had to call tech support, but Curt was good enough and patient enough to get me through it and now I am up and running.

Is it Curt, Kirk or .....
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX