Soffits not matching - roof pitch 10 | 12 -> 14 | 12

Hi there,

As attached you can see the soffits are not matching - the attached explains my method but let me add more.

*main roof 10 | 12 pitch
    *large pitched roof on the center of the building 14 | 12 pitch
    *matched roof lines
    *matched fascia heights
    *main roof plane has boxed eaves

What am I missing to make the connection look clean? - I've searched existing threads but didn't find what I needed.

X5
    Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Soffit_1.jpg 
Views:	300 
Size:	174.5 KB 
ID:	62216   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Soffit_2.jpg 
Views:	409 
Size:	199.0 KB 
ID:	62217  

Chief Architect Inc software is pretty darn cool in that it gets it right a high percentage of the time. But if you use it long enough you begin to see that it falls short of perfection (as in your example).

I am not implying that you should contact Tech Support and posting here is always a good idea, what I am saying is that sometimes it is up to you to insist that you get what you want whether it takes fiddling with something like that by moving the roof edges out and back, join and rejoin roof edges or even manually patch the poor fascia connection with a poly-line solid.

I do not think that you did anything "wrong" at all, it is just that sometimes the software falls short and that is then left to you to fix or as I said "insist" that whatever it is gets fixed.

In some cases, with roof planes, I merely delete the offending roof object and draw another one that gives me what I want or like I said, I repair it manually or in severe cases I use Photoshop or the "Edit Layout" tool as a last resort (those instances are VERY rare but do happen).

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect ® Trainer, Beta Tester, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32, 500 Gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

Chief 7-X6, Home Designer versions 7-2014
    3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-4446
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel
    Help is just an e mail or call away!

Quote Originally Posted by David J. Potter View Post
    Chief Architect Inc software is pretty darn cool in that it gets it right a high percentage of the time. But if you use it long enough you begin to see that it falls short of perfection (as in your example).

I am not implying that you should contact Tech Support and posting here is always a good idea, ..............

DJP
    Thanks David and I did notice a an earlier reply you made to a similar situation. I have been using CA since X9 (part time hobby / income) and on many occasions I've used a "work-around" but I was hoping that this was not a "work-around" issue. But, indeed it is a work-around so I'll live with it until Mr. and Mrs. Chief Architect decide to repair the shortfall.

Thanks David,
    Ron

since X9

Ron:

did you mean ver 9.5 ?

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com