copy floor plans

I'm doing a 7 unit townhouse project, all units are the same and I want to just replicate the floor layouts.. I can copy /paste each floor plan but I was looking for something more accurate. I recall the point to point move tool but can't remember the sequence.. And I can't find anything in tutorials or videos.. I'm using X-6

Thanks

RC

try "edit area" with the hold position tool

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)

RC,

Have you tried the "Transform/Replicate Tool"?

You would need to do it for each floor and then you would need to rebuild the foundation, roof, framing, etc.
    Joseph P. Carrick, Architect - AIA
    ASUS M51AC Desktop, core i7-4770 CPU @3.4 GHZ, 16 GB Ram, NVidea GT640 with60M with 3GB GM, 30" HiRes (2560/1600) Monitor , (2) 24" ASUS Monitors
    Windows 8.1
    Chief Architect 9, 10, X1, X3, X4 Premium, X5 Premium, X6 Premium

are you doing floors within the same townhouse or cloning TH 2-7 ???

use hold position if working within the same townhouse

for each floor and then you would need to rebuild the foundation, roof, framing, etc.

"edit area all floors" with point to point should work also

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)

My question would be...If they are all the same, why would you need 7 copies? I have done a few, and just signed with a client to do another today. Just draw and detail one floor plan, and the entire shell with a note that all units are the same floor plan. There is no need to do 7 floor plans.

But...if you need to show something in those other units....(this is what I would do) complete you floor plan for one unit. Hit VIEW TO CAD and make a CAD block of that floor plan. Set all the lines to a dashed or hidden line type. and now simply place that CAD block in the other units with a note that all are similar. At least the framers have a visual reference that all the walls do in fact exist in all units, but only need to look at the main unit for the dims and notes they need.
    Joey R. Martin,aibd,cgp,cga,caps
    Martin Design & Planning
    Elwood, Indiana
    Cell. 765-860-3567
    eMail. joeymdp@gmail.com

I have all the footprints done...I want do copy the interior walls ,doors, cabinets, fixtures etc

If you do a cut to cad, you lose a lot of 3d and the auto elevations, I do not understand that approach. JC says use the T/R tool, that should work perfectly.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Yes..agreed, The T/R tool works just fine...It saves me from having to draw layout 6 times plus here are 3 floors per unit...so that's 18 interiors I don't have to do.

Thanks Guys