Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Steve C. View Post
    I broke out my retired Windows machine (or so I thought) and it far out performed the new Mac editing roofs in 3D. The Mac however blows the doors off the Windows machine in every other aspect of 3D rendering (shadows, watercolor, elevations, etc.). So strange....
    I tried the same thing. Mac and pc open at same time with same large 48mb file. Opening overviews with floor plan and 2 overviews present. The third overview for the mac took 4 seconds, the overview for the pc took 7 to 8 seconds.

Three overviews open, want to spin overview, both machines responded quickly.

Take back clip cross section, mac 4 seconds, pc 8 seconds.

Tile vertically 5 windows, mac faster.

Those tests tell me the mac is faster for those tasks.

When it comes to roof editing in 3d view, pc quicker, i think, maybe inconclusive.
    When it comes to roof editing in plan view, mac quicker, 2 seconds for mac, 3 seconds for pc..... I think.....

Merge two roof planes in 3d, mac took 30 seconds, the pc took 18-20 seconds..... I will send this in to tech support to support Steve's ascertain than roof editing can be slow.

I am comparing my imac to my pc which I think is pretty quick..... or it was...... who knows if my pc is getting old and slow.

Thanks Steve C. for the idea, in my experience my mac is quicker than my pc.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall