lgswe is offline Registered User Promoted

Garage Floor Problem

I'm using a pony wall for my garage foundation. It is made up with 5 courses of 10" block with a 6" block course on top. I have the cement floor flush with the top of the 6" block and a 6" stud wall building off the top of the 6" block. When I build the concrete floor, using the room below, my concrete floor stops at the line of the 10" block (attachment). Do I have to lower this floor a 1/2" or so, as a work around, and then just make a p-solid "concrete floor" that goes up against the 6" block or am I doing something wrong in my setup that is causing the concrete floor to stop at the inside of the 10" block line?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GARAGE FLOOR.JPG 
Views:	203 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	62184  
    Larry Sweeney
    Designer/Builder/Restorations/Period Cabinetmaker since 1972

Chief X5, AutoCad 2010
    Windows 7 Pro
    Asus P8P67 Pro
    Intel Core i7 2600k
    8 GB DDR# 1600mhz
    GTX 670

Manually build the slab, define slab with a shovel footing, you can then locate the slab edge wherever you want it.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Scott.............What is the term "shovel footing"? Is this type of slab used with a foundation wall? Here in Pa. every foundation needs to be a min. 40" below grade.
    Larry Sweeney

Chief X5, AutoCad 2010
    Windows 7 Pro
    Asus P8P67 Pro
    Intel Core i7 2600k
    8 GB DDR# 1600mhz
    GTX 670

Shovel footing is thickened slab edge. It's not a structural footing.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Scott.....Pardon for the lack of knowledge in this department, but are you saying to manually build this "shovel footing slab" inside of my garage foundation? I understand making a p-solid for a slab, but I'm not sure how to go about getting the "shovel footing effect" all the way around the primeter of a p-line solid. I must be out in "left field" on what you'll trying to explain to me. Not only am I out in "left field", but I must be looking the other way also. So if you just want to throw something at me, go ahead. I'm a big target!
    Larry Sweeney

Chief X5, AutoCad 2010
    Windows 7 Pro
    Asus P8P67 Pro
    Intel Core i7 2600k
    8 GB DDR# 1600mhz
    GTX 670

I think I would go with the psolid slab, tried it with the footings and did not have any luck. I know I have done it before that way, but did not figure it out. Just use the SLAB WITH FOOTING TOOL.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

Scott....Thanks for your time. It's always appreciated. Have a great day.
    Larry Sweeney

Chief X5, AutoCad 2010
    Windows 7 Pro
    Asus P8P67 Pro
    Intel Core i7 2600k
    8 GB DDR# 1600mhz
    GTX 670