Help with Balusters and Handrail on a sloped wall.

I have a U-shaped stairway with wall sections on both sides of the stair treads, along with an exposed stringer. I’m trying to add a baluster and handrail to the top of the wall section but I’m either doing something wrong, not selecting the correct options or something???

The first attachment is an actual photo of what I’m trying to model.

The second attachment is a screen shot up the point where I have the walls shaped correctly in X6. The black and darker grey walls are NOT defined as Railing walls, but are defined as Normal walls which I’ve reshaped to follow the stair rise and the stair landing.

The third attachment shows how moving the stair tread into the wall gets it close to the visual effect I was trying get to, but then the stringer on the right side of the first stair section and left side of the second stair section is physically inside the wall and the balusters penetrate the wall down to the stair tread.

I’ve tried to just use a Railing wall, but it leaves the stringers exposed and I can’t get the 7 inch of wall that the railing foot would set on.

I’ve tried without success the following forum suggestion.
    ...."Draw the stair, turn off the railings and then draw a railing wall in plan view from the bottom of the stair to the top, open the railing wall dbx and under rail style check follow stair, from there you can change the newel, balusters, and railing and shoe profiles. A few tips......on that railing wall under rail style you should also select no half post at wall, this will prevent a half post from showing where the railing on the stair butts the railing on the deck, the other thing is to adjust the opening in the deck railing so the stair railing connects to the newel on the deck railing."

I’m fairly new to CA and have looked at probably every training video, tried most all the suggestions recommended in the forums and can’t seem to get the result that I’m looking for. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Also feel free to tell me I’m doing something that can’t be currently done. Thanks in advance.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo 1.jpg 
Views:	656 
Size:	74.9 KB 
ID:	62167Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo 2.jpg 
Views:	445 
Size:	129.2 KB 
ID:	62168Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo 3.jpg 
Views:	341 
Size:	157.4 KB 
ID:	62169
    John
    Currently using X6 Beta

Rosco is offline Registered User Promoted
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lotf8hBM93E Maybe this will help you. I love his videos. Check out a few more and you'll learn a few new things. LOL
    Ross J. Dietzer
    rosco_2017@hotmail.com
    Indiana
    Chief Architect Premier X5
    Windows 8
    ASUS G75VW-NH71
    Notebook Intel Core i7
    12GB Memory 500GB HDD
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670M
    Windows 8 64 bit

Ross.. this like is awesome... Thank you. I looked at this video and it looks like this will get me exactly what I wanted. I'll also take a look at the other videos as well. You saved my sanity!
    John
    John
    Currently using X6 Beta

Rosco is offline Registered User Promoted
    I can't take any credit for it. LOL If it wasn't for D. Scott Hall's videos, I'd be screwed half the time too! LOL I'm glad I could point you in the right direction. Good luck and enjoy the videos. He has a great sense of humor. LOL
    Ross J. Dietzer
    rosco_2017@hotmail.com
    Indiana
    Chief Architect Premier X5
    Windows 8
    ASUS G75VW-NH71
    Notebook Intel Core i7
    12GB Memory 500GB HDD
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670M
    Windows 8 64 bit

Yes Scott is the greatest and its all free. Thanks Buddy
    Perry