Hybrid View

So...I thought I'd get a simple answer to this question, but it must be more difficult than I thought. I have a master bedroom with a vaulted ceiling. This vaulted ceiling continues over the master bath room. There is a 9' tall wall with a door that divides the two rooms with a swing door. I want this wall to be open above 9' to the vaulted ceiling.

Every time I draw the wall on the 1st floor plan (using an interior-4 wall type) an attic wall is created. I don't want this attic wall. I try to delete it but I get a statement that it is an automatically generated wall...blah, blah. Is there a way to control automatically generated walls? Also..I did make the attic wall invisible. However, I was left with a 4.5" gap in the ceiling plane where the wall once existed.

Anyway...isn't there a simple way to accomplish this?

I have searched the forum using keywords "attic", "vault", "ceiling"...and others. If this topic has been discussed "ad nauseam"...I can't find it. Also, searched "Chief Tutor" and Scott Halls videos...could not find specifically what I was looking for. Maybe Scott has a video...if so, point me to it.

Maybe I need to build the roof first? I'm a newb...so, I'm just pecking along trying to figure things out. Also...I don't know how to post the plan...so, if someone can tell me how to do that.

I think there should be a section in this forum just for us newbs...so we don't fill up the general question area with our basic questions. Just a thought...
    Nestor
    27" Apple iMac
    3.5GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 (Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz).
    1TB Fusion Drive
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M with 4GB of GDDR5 memory.
    16GB of 1600MHz DDR3 memory
    OS X
    Chief X6