Vaulted Ceiling - 9' wall below

I'm a newb...so, be kind.

I have a 3/12 vaulted ceiling that vaults over a 9' tall wall. This wall divides the master bedroom from the master bath. The wall is 9' tall...open above to the vaulted ceiling. The ceiling above the wall is about 14'...give or take. I have the two ceiling planes connected...but, there seems to be an attic wall built - that I don't want. My ceiling plane has a wall size hole in it...which may have been created when I deleted the attic wall. Honestly...I'm not sure why the hole is there.

Do I have to use a "half wall" and change the height to 9'? Or...is there some other way to accomplish this.

Any suggestions?
    Nestor
    27" Apple iMac
    3.5GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 (Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz).
    1TB Fusion Drive
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M with 4GB of GDDR5 memory.
    16GB of 1600MHz DDR3 memory
    OS X
    Chief X6

Sounds like the attic wall was created because the master bath has a flat ceiling (at 9') while your master bedroom has a vaulted ceiling starting at 9' on the bearing sides of the vaults. Is this correct or am I missing something. To me it sounds like the attic wall belongs there but without more information I am just guessing. If my guess is correct, you shouldn't be deleting the attic wall built to separate the two rooms at the attic level.

Is your master bath to have a vaulted ceiling as well? Can you post some images showing the problem?
    Curt Johnson

X5

Puget Systems Custom Computer, Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, 3.3Ghz Intel Core i5 2500K Quad, 8 GB Kingston DDR3-1333 Ram, Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD App Drive, WD 500 GB Caviar Blue SATA 6 Gb/s Data Drive, EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1024MB VC, Antec 650W PS, Asus p8P67 Pro REV 3.0 Motherboard

Well...I would upload a picture if I knew how. I'm using an iMac...and I'm not sure how to create a jpg or a png file. Can anyone help?

I have never owned a Mac before...so, just about everything right now is an adventure. (to say the least...)
    Nestor
    27" Apple iMac
    1TB Fusion Drive
    OS X
    Chief X6

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Nestor View Post
    Well...I would upload a picture if I knew how. I'm using an iMac...and I'm not sure how to create a jpg or a png file. Can anyone help?

I have never owned a Mac before...so, just about everything right now is an adventure. (to say the least...)
    Steve, do a search , this has been explained ad nauseum.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Ok...I figured it out. (thanks youtube!). Attached is a picture of the floor plan that shows the bath and the master bedroom. The wall between the two rooms is only 9' tall. The ceiling is vaulted over the door. The ceiling pitch is 3/12.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vaulted Ceiling Issue.png 
Views:	294 
Size:	42.5 KB 
ID:	62159
    Nestor
    27" Apple iMac
    1TB Fusion Drive
    OS X
    Chief X6

Attached is the 2nd floor view with reference to the first level turned on. I have searched for the answer to this question on this forum and the chief help but have not found the answer specifically. If someone knows where I can find this info...just point me to it.

Thanks...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vaulted Clg - 2nd floor view.png 
Views:	228 
Size:	21.3 KB 
ID:	62160
    Nestor
    27" Apple iMac
    1TB Fusion Drive
    OS X
    Chief X6

Make the attic wall invisible?
    Or, ......post the plan.
    Glenn

Chief X5
    www.glennwoodward.com.au

Windows 7 - Home Premium
    Intel i7-920
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R
    6 Gb DDR3 1600MHz
    EVGA GTX285 1GbDDR3
    1TB Sata HD

So...I thought I'd get a simple answer to this question, but it must be more difficult than I thought. I have a master bedroom with a vaulted ceiling. This vaulted ceiling continues over the master bath room. There is a 9' tall wall with a door that divides the two rooms with a swing door. I want this wall to be open above 9' to the vaulted ceiling.

Every time I draw the wall on the 1st floor plan (using an interior-4 wall type) an attic wall is created. I don't want this attic wall. I try to delete it but I get a statement that it is an automatically generated wall...blah, blah. Is there a way to control automatically generated walls? Also..I did make the attic wall invisible. However, I was left with a 4.5" gap in the ceiling plane where the wall once existed.

Anyway...isn't there a simple way to accomplish this?

I have searched the forum using keywords "attic", "vault", "ceiling"...and others. If this topic has been discussed "ad nauseam"...I can't find it. Also, searched "Chief Tutor" and Scott Halls videos...could not find specifically what I was looking for. Maybe Scott has a video...if so, point me to it.

Maybe I need to build the roof first? I'm a newb...so, I'm just pecking along trying to figure things out. Also...I don't know how to post the plan...so, if someone can tell me how to do that.

I think there should be a section in this forum just for us newbs...so we don't fill up the general question area with our basic questions. Just a thought...
    Nestor
    27" Apple iMac
    1TB Fusion Drive
    OS X
    Chief X6

Alt+Q.
    Automatic Walls...uncheck Auto Rebuild Attic Walls?
    Glenn

Chief X5
    www.glennwoodward.com.au

Windows 7 - Home Premium
    Intel i7-920
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R
    6 Gb DDR3 1600MHz
    EVGA GTX285 1GbDDR3
    1TB Sata HD

Well...with perseverance and pure luck I got the wall dividing the bath and bedroom fixed. The wall in the attic is set to be invisible and has a zero width. So...why is there a 4.5" gap in my ceiling drywall plane?

Uhh...can anyone tell me how to get rid of the siding that is showing thru also. The wall with the siding is a second floor exterior wall that is common with this vaulted ceiling. I know I've seen videos on this...so, if someone can point me to that I'll go look and learn.

Also, I'm using a iMac...so, ALT+Q does not work for me. Where is the "auto rebuild" function in the menus...is it in the wall DBX?

See the picture attached: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vaulted ceiling Master bath and bedroom.jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	62175
    Nestor
    27" Apple iMac
    1TB Fusion Drive
    OS X
    Chief X6

Default Settings...Walls...General Wall.
    Glenn

Chief X5
    www.glennwoodward.com.au

Windows 7 - Home Premium
    Intel i7-920
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R
    6 Gb DDR3 1600MHz
    EVGA GTX285 1GbDDR3
    1TB Sata HD

Thank you Glenn. Got it.
    Nestor
    27" Apple iMac
    1TB Fusion Drive
    OS X
    Chief X6