Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

X6 Printing Issues

I am trying to figure out if I am the only one that keeps running into constant printing issues with X6.
    First off I keep getting a message asking to send a message to chief regarding the issue. Then asking if I want to ignore or debug.
    After ignoring 3 times I get into the dialogue box. This is not even the main issue I am running into right now...
    Supposedly chief may be aware of this.

My current issue is sending it to my Designjet510. I absolutely am not able to print from the new dialogue box. First I print the exact same way I did with X5 and I get an error message on the printer and it only prints half the page in black and white.
    I then try to adjust and send a bitmap image as HP suggests if my printer memory error comes on. It then prints, but only in black and white.
    I absolutely am not able to print in color from X6.
    Here is the Kicker.
    I have another seat of X6 that prints perfectly fine and we print the exact same way. I am also able to go back and print perfectly fine from X5.
    I really do enjoy a lot of things with X6 but this printing issue is absolutely beyond frustrating.
    Is there anyone that has run into the same issue or has any suggestions???
    HELP PLEASE?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Assertion Failure.PNG 
Views:	187 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	62115  
    Monte Heyn
    X1, X2, X3, X4, X5, X6
    http://www.i4homedesign.ca

Monte,

The first problem you get with the error message was a problem for me in the earlier betas and was definitely a bug, but I am pretty sure it was fixed in the latest release.
    Do you have the latest version?
    Glenn

Chief X5
    www.glennwoodward.com.au

Windows 7 - Home Premium
    Intel i7-920
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R
    6 Gb DDR3 1600MHz
    EVGA GTX285 1GbDDR3
    1TB Sata HD

I am sure I have the most recent build 16.0.3.41x64.
    Monte Heyn
    X1, X2, X3, X4, X5, X6

Monte,

That version looks OK.
    Have you tried File...Print...Clear Printer Info.

I think I only got that message when trying to print directly from the plan.

You should probably send in a bug report.
    Glenn

Chief X5
    www.glennwoodward.com.au

Windows 7 - Home Premium
    Intel i7-920
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R
    6 Gb DDR3 1600MHz
    EVGA GTX285 1GbDDR3
    1TB Sata HD

I had that same problem and clearing the printer did the trick but it sometimes pops up again.
    Perry
    P.H. DESIGNS L.L.C.
    Eastvale Calif.
    Alienware, liquid cooled
    Ver 10-"X6 x64 SSA
    WIN 8.1 PRO 64 bit
    Nvidia GTX780 3GB.
    i7 920 2.67-- 12 GB Ram
    40" led monitor

I had the message not showing up for a while, did the clear printer info trick and it started showing up again......
    Any thoughts on the no color to plotter??? Any one else running into this?
    Monte Heyn
    X1, X2, X3, X4, X5, X6

We have had some errors with specific printers and specific plans in X6. I have been fixing individual problems as I find them. In some cases clearing printer info solves the issue. In some cases it temporarily solves the issues. In most cases you can ignore the message and move on and it will print ok.

What should work, if you are one of those with a printer that causes the problems, is to set save as pdf for your default, then save as pdf and print to your printer.

I think I have found and fixed all of these issues but without getting the update out in the field I cannot be sure.

If you have already reported the issue through tech support thank you.

If you have not reported the issue please go to support.chiefarchitect.com and report the issue. In some cases I will need a plan or layout to verify, in all cases I need to know what printer you are using.

We are looking at each of these cases carefully to determine why they occur and are resolving them for the next update.

For the no color issue make sure to set your default printer in Drawing Sheet Setup to a printer that supports color - or use the print to pdf option. If you default to a black and white printer color get's turned off when you open the print dialog. Checking color there makes no difference. I have fixed this for the next update.
    Dan Park,
    Special Projects Director,
    Chief Architect

just to chime in, I am experiencing printing issues as well - when trying to print PDF from layout to e-mail, the program takes 2-3 minutes to print rather than ~ 10 seconds in X5 - also the setup has not held and print for some reason has a 1 inch margin then the layout rather than just the layout - just general comments, mainly because the issue is significant enough to have to now redraw in X5 and wait for update - and hope update solves the issues.

edit:

tried printing this morning - when choosing HP 110 to print, program froze - Task manager said not responding - when open to end task the program then changed to running - close end task, program changes back to not responding - then had to end task just to freeup the computer ...

the set up for PDF (scan soft) was not correct after having been corrected the previous day

the tool palate in layout was in the top left corner so much so there was not the ability to lower it

am now forced to redraw in X5 ... what if update does not correct these problems ????

I've wondered before what the Bata Testers must do for a living ???

2nd Edit:

could not open X5 so deactivated X6 (is that required to open the different version when neither are open ?)

then it said the e-mail address for X5 was not right - cluless on that - then when I said it was correct the program said I was ok but then to open I had to enter the emergency no. - not going to do that because it will probably only make things worse - of course it is Sunday with extra time to redraw plan but now can not open X5 ....
    Mike Devins
    Tallahassee, Florida
    mdevins@earthlink.net
    Builder / Designer X5

I have sent this in to tech support (Brian Beck), I have also called it into tech support as well. So hopefully this gets addressed for my specific situation because that would be very frustrating if I couldn't print from X6 to my plotter.
    Clearing printer info just gave me back more headaches with the warnings that started popping back up.... so I am not sure I will be attempting that a whole lot more.

Just to verify, I can ignore through the error message, but no matter what I do I can not print in color... it seems as though even when I print to PDF and then try to send to my printer it does the same thing... and this only happens out of X6.
    I can still print color from X5, and I can still print color pdf's produced out of X5... and as I mentioned. No issues from the other seat I have running on computer sending to same printer, so I am confident it is not a printer issue.
    Monte Heyn
    X1, X2, X3, X4, X5, X6

Mike, Sounds like you are having more issues than just printing. Make sure you contact support if these keep happening. Sorry to hear.
    Monte Heyn
    X1, X2, X3, X4, X5, X6

Quote Originally Posted by M.Construction View Post
    I have sent this in to tech support (Brian Beck), I have also called it into tech support as well. So hopefully this gets addressed for my specific situation because that would be very frustrating if I couldn't print from X6 to my plotter.
    Clearing printer info just gave me back more headaches with the warnings that started popping back up.... so I am not sure I will be attempting that a whole lot more.

Just to verify, I can ignore through the error message, but no matter what I do I can not print in color... it seems as though even when I print to PDF and then try to send to my printer it does the same thing... and this only happens out of X6.
    I can still print color from X5, and I can still print color pdf's produced out of X5... and as I mentioned. No issues from the other seat I have running on computer sending to same printer, so I am confident it is not a printer issue.
    When you open the print dialog, does the printer that is initially selected support color printing?

If that printer does not support color switching to one that does support color will still print in black and white. If you can set the default printer in File>Drawing Sheet Setup to be the PDF printer or a color printer then you should be able to print in color.

If that does not work then this might be a different issue. If so then I need to find out what that issue is so I can resolve it.
    Dan Park,
    Special Projects Director,
    Chief Architect

Dan,
    The last couple times I have tried, I have set the default printer to come up as chiefs internal PDF printer.
    Then I switch to my designjet 510, and it still does not print in color...
    I don't want to rule out the idea that it could be on my end. If there is anything I can do to reset my printer spooler/driver setup in order to reset the one network connection and not to all I would be willing to try anything at this point.
    Monte Heyn
    X1, X2, X3, X4, X5, X6

Back to working in X5

tried again to print in X6 using both the 110 plotter and new PDF, in both cases my computer froze up - program not responding ...

M, I presume you have color in your plan and it just is not printing -

another issue I had is I designate the outside line of my exterior wall to be displayed in Red - I know if any wall is drawn inside out that way - in X6 for some reason and I called it in the red color is displayed in black despite being defined as red - this occurred after initially working in red.

maybe there is a connection ?
    Mike Devins
    Tallahassee, Florida
    mdevins@earthlink.net
    Builder / Designer X5

I had the following problem at the office and fixed it a few weeks ago. I have it now at home and can't remember how to fix it.

My Adobe PDF printer driver keeps cutting off the right side of my drawings and prints the remainder of the drawing on a second sheet. I've played with the orientation and size of the sheets repeatedly, but can't get it to work right. I tried the PDF995 driver and it works.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScreenShot001.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	62219  
    Edward Koenig - R.A.
    Carmelhill Architects
    Nesconset, NY
    www.CARMELHILL.com
    Chief X5

Office Full ATX tower
    i7-4770K 3.5 ghz
    MSI Z87-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 motherboard
    EVGA Geforce GTX 780 3g
    Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO cooler
    250 gb Samsung Evo SSD
    1 TB WD Caviar HDD
    16 gb Corsair Vengence LP ram
    Corsair 750w power
    Cooler Master Storm Trooper case
    2 Westinghouse 26" monitors

Laptop - Asus G75VW-BBK5
    17.3"
    i7 2.3 ghz w/8 gb
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 660M 2 gb

Quote Originally Posted by CARMELHILL View Post
    I had the following problem at the office and fixed it a few weeks ago. I have it now at home and can't remember how to fix it.

My Adobe PDF printer driver keeps cutting off the right side of my drawings and prints the remainder of the drawing on a second sheet. I've played with the orientation and size of the sheets repeatedly, but can't get it to work right. I tried the PDF995 driver and it works.
    I had this problem too. "File>Print>Clear Printer info" worked for me. My biggest issue now is occasional system crashes when I try to create a pdf file, even after I've done the preceding. It's a very random occurrence but semi-regular. I just sent in a ticket for it this morning.
    X, X3, X5 and X6
    SSA membership since 2011
    Hebrews 3:4
    stevecoxinc.net
    Pinterest
    Houzz

Apple 27" iMac
    3.5GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7 (Turbo boost up to 3.9 GHz)
    32 GB DDR3 1600 MHz
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX780M 4GB GDDR5
    512GB Flash Drive