Just "Another" Dimension Snap Issue

I'm using x5 and this has been a recurring issue since x2-? Chief still hasn't resolved the issue of dimension snaps going way the heck off into "outer space" in certain instances when trying to snap to something only 1' away. Why wouldn't Chief snap to something 1' away rather than snaping to some phantom nothing snap point in deep space? I know Mr Park has acknowledged the problem in a previous thread that I started but is this going to be re-occurring in x6 too? I would have expected a patch fix for x5 long ago but obviously not.-BB

see Attached image:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rogue Dimension Snaps X5-1-21-14.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	100.3 KB 
ID:	62106  
    Architect,NOT! (archnot@yahoo.com): Dell XPS 8300, i7-2600 3.40 GHZ Quad Core, Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, ATI-radeon HD 5700 1-gig(not by choice came with cpu), 8 GB RAM, 25" Hanspree HF 255 LCD Moniter- User since Chief '97(v6)-X4

Brad,

If you are really asking us why this happens you should probably post a file and exactly how and what you are trying to dimension.
    I assume that because you have posted in the General Q&A forum, you are looking for an answer.
    I have never seen this behaviour and there is just not enough information in your post to have even a guess at what is going on.
    Is this problem in X6?
    Glenn

Chief X5
    www.glennwoodward.com.au

Windows 7 - Home Premium
    Intel i7-920
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R
    6 Gb DDR3 1600MHz
    EVGA GTX285 1GbDDR3
    1TB Sata HD

lgswe is offline Registered User Promoted
    Bradley.......This has happened to me before on two or three occasions, but I don't remember if the last time it was in X5 or not. It had to been something in the plans, because it doesn't occur all the time. It is very frustrating when it happens. I just figure maybe someday it will get fixed.
    Larry Sweeney
    Designer/Builder/Restorations/Period Cabinetmaker since 1972

Chief X5, AutoCad 2010
    Windows 7 Pro
    Asus P8P67 Pro
    Intel Core i7 2600k
    8 GB DDR# 1600mhz
    GTX 670

Glenn, my post begins: "I'm using x5........"

Not worth posting as it happens on occasion as corroborated by Larry and when I does, it's impossible to get the dimension to locate (in this case the fascia) and finding nothing to snap to, the dim snaps to something way the heck off of the drawing. I've actually sent this in to Chief tech support on one occasion and never receive a solution. I get around it by placing a vertical cad line & dimensioning to it.

Since the x-versions, I think Chief takes too long to refresh when redrawing the screens when you add or modify a cad object. At some point v-8?, Chief gave cad lines "selection preference" when you were in "Cad mode". This was back when a dimension arrow automatically had a "joint" without having to use (didn't have he ability to add more than one joint or hinge either) the break line tool (more time consuming) and you could place and edit text with arrows a lot quicker. Back then, the text leader arrows didn't go all wanky when you drew a cad line or moved one that currently causes text leader arrows to snap to something you later draw and then move. I believe v9 before the unnecessary 9.5 mid-season version upgrade (to Kiss Home and Gardens Butt for obvious monitary reasons) had the fastest and best editing of text with leader arrows as well as the cad behavior and left and right click selecton of objects (especially cad objects)was better than now.

Finally, why is it so difficult to select a cad polyline once it's been converted into a cad polyline solid? You can't left click select when in polyline mode and you can't select it with the fence tool while the polyline box tool is active either. The only way you can select it is with a left mouse click which is virtually impossible if you are using a polyline solid as a beam with other cad overlaid. The only way to select it is by using the "next" button in many cases in a complex plan. One would think that Chief would give you selection priority with a "polyline solid" selection icon of some sort. It fails their otherwise good selection logic of if you've selected the "draw wall" tool, you can expect the selection (left button) to give priority to snapping to and selecting a wall even if there's a cad box overlaying it. Nuff Said.-BB
    Architect,NOT! (archnot@yahoo.com): Dell XPS 8300, i7-2600 3.40 GHZ Quad Core, Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, ATI-radeon HD 5700 1-gig(not by choice came with cpu), 8 GB RAM, 25" Hanspree HF 255 LCD Moniter- User since Chief '97(v6)-X4