Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by HumbleChief View Post
    The software crashes when converting to Word, Excel etc. on my machine as well as many others on the web with problems. I've talked to tech support and have begun the long arduous task of troubleshooting the software. Hope that's not expecting too much and not meant to lessen your experience - just sayin'
    I haven't had any crashes yet, all going quite well, and yes I'm just waiting for a momentous, cataclysmic failure in their software, and trying to deal with their dismal and somewhat lacking support. Thank God I am not there yet.... All is gong smoothly for the moment,,, Dare I say these words for any software program... CA included...
    Bill Lynch
    CA X6 Beta
    Gateway LX6200-01
    Windows 7
    AMD Phenom X4 9500 quad core
    8 GB DDR2
    PNY 9800GT 1024MB nvidia video card
    750 GB HD SATA-300

With converters and workarounds your are left strictly with some form of picture and you must guess from there.
    Acrobat while free and millions use it, is still proprietary closed software.
    The easy answer is a copy of Acrobat Pro. This will convert PDFs into useable files, mostly MS documents.
    Pro does so many other things it is well worth the price. You can create 3D PDFs for example.
    Price? I do not know. I can update my version 8 for $200.

Jeff

Just went to Adobe site. You can get Acrobat Pro by subscription @ $20/Month. I will probably do that to see if I need to upgrade.
    Never purchased software by subscription.
    Last edited by joverberg; 01-22-2014 at 03:20 AM. Reason: new info

I've been using Bluebeam PDF Revu for several years -$170. Exports to several raster formats, prints Pdf, manipulate pages, measures, and then some. Used to have a couple of individual programs to do each thing, worth the cost to me, haven't upgraded in a couple of years.
    Mark McAniff, Highland, NY

X5 Interiors
    Sager NP9150 Win8, i7 3840-2.8, GTX 670MX 3GB, 16GB DDR3, 256 mSSD, 500HDD
    Dell M4500 Win7 Pro-64, i7 M620, Quadro FX 880M, 8GB

MarkJames & Co. Designers of fine kitchens, baths, and built-ins.
    www.markjames.co

I called the company and they refunded my money. I simply don't have time to mess with stuff that doesn't work - notwithstanding the other experiences within this thread.
    The purpose of Government is to control the common resources, not the common man.

Larry Hawes
    Hawes Home Design
    Vista, CA
    Hawes Home Design

X5 and X6 Public Beta 3
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
    Motherboard EVGA Classified SR-2
    Processors (2) 6 core Xeon L5640
    Memory 24GB PNY DDR3 1600
    Video EVGA GTX 780
    Monitor 26" LG 1920 x 1200
    21" Viewsonic