Hybrid View

If you know length and radius, you can figure the delta of arc. Draw one arc. You know second arc is tangent to first arc, draw second arc, now do third arc tangent to second.

Draw line connecting the two end points of arcs. This line will be parallel to line that connects two end points of straight lines. Rotate and then connect.

With info you have here, you should get perfect results .
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Quote Originally Posted by dshall View Post
    If you know length and radius, you can figure the delta of arc. Draw one arc. You know second arc is tangent to first arc, draw second arc, now do third arc tangent to second.

Draw line connecting the two end points of arcs. This line will be parallel to line that connects two end points of straight lines. Rotate and then connect.

With info you have here, you should get perfect results .
    I've played with this a number of different ways according to the suggestions in this thread in order to educate myself, and from what I can tell (or understand) this is the solution that seems to work best for me. I'd just like to go through the steps so that I'm not doing anything stupid, as the process to me is a bit cumbersome.

1) In this case I have length and radius (which seems to be typical for plats I end up with) so I create a point and use New Cad Arc

2) Taking care to enter clockwise or not, I enter the next arc which will automatically be in tangent

3) After all arcs are entered, I create a closed loop with a line, and do the same on my plot

4) I rotate the arc polyline segment by making the line parallel to the plot line I just drew

5) I use point to Point to Point Move to place it on the plot and delete the two temporary lines

Although this certainly seems to work with the precision needed, but unless I'm missing something it sure seems as entering it into a table for Chief to generate, á la Revit, would be much desired.
    X6 - Windows 7 64bit