Jagged footing and foundation pony walls

In both X-5 and X-6 I am getting irregular shaped pony walls whenever I drag the wall down to be a frost wall. I've had several replies to previous posts last week but nothing seems to restore program to the way it worked in X-2. However, I think the problem is in the Foundation Wall defaults and particularly the Pony Wall Defaults. My reason for saying this is ...when I step the concrete wall and drag the wall down to a frost wall level, everything works fine, but if I change wall to pony wall...I get pieces of wall shooting off everywhere..Actually the Pony Wall Default isn't acting properly.. when I made lower wall concrete...it reverts back to framing on it's owe.I've uninstalled and reinstalled program a couple of times on 2 computers without any success.

Any and all comments are welcomed

RCarter

I've run into this problem a number of times. It's a pain in the a$$, but the easiest way I've found to make the footing/pony walls work most reliably is to have your main basement drawn on floor 1, with just your frost walls drawn on floor 0. The two walls (above & below the basement floor) can be controlled independently from each other and the crazy jagged walls disappear.

- define the lower piece of your pony walls on floor 1 to be the same wall type as your frost wall on floor 0; make sure you don't have the floor 1 walls defined as foundation walls.
    - Make sure you have you have the "Floor supplied by foundation room below" checked for your rooms on floor 1.
    - Make sure you create a complete room on floor 0 with your frost walls (even if you need to use an invisible wall to complete the room).
    - Make sure you have "room supplies floor for room above" checked for your room on floor 0, and have the walls specify as the foundation walls in the foundation tab.
    - Make sure you have the structure of all the walls on floor 0 "Balloon through ceiling" on the structure tab. You may need to define the exterior walls on floor 1 as "go through floor platform" to make the floor stay within the concrete and not be interpreted by the program as platform framed.

I do this with all foundations that have funky stepped footings & pony walls. I haven't had a crazy jagged footing yet. Aside from working out the the floor elevations (unfortunately the floor defaults for floor 1 don't allow you to define the floor elevation as anything other than 0, which means you need to redefine the floor elevations room by room) it's pretty quick, and it gives you a much cleaner plan to work with.
    hope this helps.

Thanks for the suggestion but I'm not going to start manipulating X-6 to do something that I can do in a few minutes on X-2...I uninstall X-5 and X-6 and go back to X-2

Anyway..thanks for your suggestion

RC

I just gave this a try. I confirm your problems. This is a bug. Did you send it in. I will send it in.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

I did ...but not sure they got it..You go ahead and also send it in

RC