Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Can you input property lines via input line with bearings in x6?

Place a point, CAD<LINES<INPUT LINE.... check polar, input DISTANCE, tab, now input the angle with BEARINGS, i.e. n65 56 34e, does this work for you in X6. I could do this in X5, but have noticed I cannot do it in X6. What could I be doing wrong?
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

You have to set the "Number Style" of the dialog to "Degrees, Minutes or Degrees, Minutes, seconds" for the dialog to display "Distance and Angle" input boxes, in that respect it is identical to all past versions.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect ® Trainer, Beta Tester, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32, 500 Gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

Chief 7-X6, Home Designer versions 7-2014
    3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-4446
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel
    Help is just an e mail or call away!

Quote Originally Posted by David J. Potter View Post
    You have to set the "Number Style" of the dialog to "Degrees, Minutes or Degrees, Minutes, seconds" for the dialog to display "Distance and Angle" input boxes, in that respect it is identical to all past versions.

DJP
    Absolutely, thanks David........
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Scott: I believe you also have to type a "d" for degrees or use the "°" character for the degrees to register properly. Same for minutes (') and seconds ("). At least that is the way it has always worked in the past.
    Curt Johnson

X5

Puget Systems Custom Computer, Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, 3.3Ghz Intel Core i5 2500K Quad, 8 GB Kingston DDR3-1333 Ram, Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD App Drive, WD 500 GB Caviar Blue SATA 6 Gb/s Data Drive, EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1024MB VC, Antec 650W PS, Asus p8P67 Pro REV 3.0 Motherboard

Quote Originally Posted by David J. Potter View Post

DJP
    David, I can't do this again. In fact I was trying it out, and out of 8 different tries, it actualy worked once... so confused
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

Quote Originally Posted by dshall View Post
    David, I can't do this again. In fact I was trying it out, and out of 8 different tries, it actualy worked once... so confused
    I can do this on PC easily, not the mac...using method..... btw, what you said about d,m,s, does not matter on my pc.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

Would anybody out there with a MAC please confirm, I don't think Brian is answering his phone..... here is the process

open new plan
    put in north arrow
    Put a cad point
    CAD<LINES<INPUTLINE
    check POLAR
    input DISTANCE
    input angle as N 34 E............. you should get a horiztal line, that is what I get, but of course it should be on an angle.

thanks anybody
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

Works fine for me on both mac and pc. BTW - number style does not affect the input. Only the display, and is a easy way to convert between DMS and bearing. DMS or Bearing always overrides any input style for any field.

Assume you mean straight line at 56 deg from horizontal x-x
    Gerry

NewCraft Home Services

Design/ Compliance Review
    PE, X6 , Sketchup 8, TurboCad Pro 20
    -----------------------------------
    ASUS P9X79D, i7-3820, GTX680 w/4gb
    -----------------------------
    If the Government would just cut down more d*** trees, I'd have a much better view of the forest.

Quote Originally Posted by gteacher View Post
    Works fine for me on both mac and pc. BTW - number style does not affect the input. Only the display, and is a easy way to convert between DMS and bearing. DMS or Bearing always overrides any input style for any field.
    Thanks for checking, I do understand number style does not effect input, I wonder what I could be doing wrong.... weird, another niggling obstacle
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

IOW -- You can enter data in any field in any format you want. i.e. 45d25'25" or N44d34'35"E. If dms is not given, then the default of deg is assumed for polar. Don't know if you can change the default?
    Gerry

NewCraft Home Services

If the Government would just cut down more d*** trees, I'd have a much better view of the forest.

d dot,

What happens when you do the "drag line and tab" method?
    Do you get the same result?
    Glenn

Chief X5
    www.glennwoodward.com.au

Windows 7 - Home Premium
    Intel i7-920
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R
    6 Gb DDR3 1600MHz
    EVGA GTX285 1GbDDR3
    1TB Sata HD

Quote Originally Posted by gteacher View Post

Assume you mean straight line at 56 deg from horizontal x-x
    Nice to know, I'll add it to may list of 'cool' things...
    Bill Lynch
    CA X6 Beta
    Gateway LX6200-01
    Windows 7
    AMD Phenom X4 9500 quad core
    8 GB DDR2
    PNY 9800GT 1024MB nvidia video card
    750 GB HD SATA-300

Quote Originally Posted by dshall View Post
    I can do this on PC easily, not the mac...using method..... btw, what you said about d,m,s, does not matter on my pc.
    There you go traitor. I remember all the stuff you said about your son's mac what has happened to you.

Ron Ravenscroft
    RAVENSCROFT ARCHITECTS, LTD.
    20611 N. 17th WAy
    Phoenix, Arizona 85024
    623-434-0092 - 480-797-6894
    rrarchpa@cox.net or ron@raltd.net
    Version4 to X5 and beyond

Okay guys, I think I figured it out. It is when I press "NEXT" because I am going to input a line, that is when it messes up.

Gerry, would you mind giving it a play. Don't just input one line, do several in a row by hitting the "NEXT" button.

Glenn, when I use the drag and tab method, it works fine, but of course I do not have the option to press a "NEXT" button.

Yep, just checked again, it is the "NEXT" button that is screwing things up.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

Yep --- Confirmed Bug in MAC
    Gerry

NewCraft Home Services