Bathtub/shower enclosure rough-in

Hi, I am just starting using X5 and I was wondering what was the best way to make rough-ins for enclosures like bathtub/shower enclosures?

I tried different approach and so far the easiest option I found was to use the pass-trough and expand to fit. The program does not allow to just drop the enclosure in place or automatically frame around such enclosure.

Any better way or tricks?

Thanks
    GST

G,

Not really sure I understand exactly what it is you are trying to do. Are you talking a fiberglass complete unit? You could create a room with a doorway sized as needed place the shower unit (may need to be placed outside the room and then cntrl dragged into position. There are many ways different users go about doing shower enclosures. How about a picture?
    Dennis Gavin CR, CKBR
    Gavin Design-Build
    Media, PA.
    610-353-8890
    X5

Hi Dennis, I am trying to place a 1 piece bathtub/shower fiberglass unit in a bathroom.

Doorway seems like a good easy thing to do. The pass through was easy as well. I tried manual framing but it is extremely time consuming.

I'll try to post a picture/screen view later this weekend.

Thanks
    GST

cache is offline Registered User Promoted
    Frame a doorway with no casings and ctr drag in into place. Many times the easiest way to do something in CA is the way it's done in the real world too.