Frost Wall Problems

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Step Footing.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	22.1 KB 
ID:	62074From previous post..Let me correct myself..I'm trying to create frost wall by dragging concrete portion of pony down and all I get is irregular shapes as per attachment

thanks

RCarterClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Step Footing.-2.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	47.6 KB 
ID:	62073

Wow, that is a mess, maybe tech support can help. I have never seen that before.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

I just upgraded from x-2. And I live in a very hilly part of the country where 1/2 my designs have frost walls...so I had to go back to X-2 till this is solved. However, I have several plans I started in X-6 I can't finish

RCarter

Did you try to break it in a cross section camera view?
    Try open wall dbx, go to structure tab, top left of window (platform intersection) if the words top and bottom wall height are not checked. check them. rebuild floor and ceiling (f12) and it should fix.
    If not delete the walls and replace them with new ones.
    Michael

Chief Architect user since 1997
    Current versions used X4, X5, X6
    www.MichaelPachDesign.com

I found a fix...I partitioned off section of basement at back of house ..lowered the slab to -144" . This enabled me to drag walls down to slab height and step foundation..It certainly isn't ideal because how the basement is 2 levels. Also..in X-2 all I had to do was drag wall down pass slab with no problems.

you can still do it like you did in X2!
    Michael

All I did in X-2 was break wall and drag...I can do it in X-6 but I can't drag it below slab...that's why I partitioned section off with invis. wall..lower slab and dragged wall down

R

I just noticed..." Go Through Floor Below" maybe thats the answer

Still no success, other than lowering slab and that's Not the way it's supposed to be!!!!! See attachedClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Wall Spec Box.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	75.0 KB 
ID:	62075Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3-D view.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	34.9 KB 
ID:	62076

This same problem also occurs when I use X-5,,,so...I'm going back to X-2 till CA Tech staff comes up with some answers..

A frustrated User

If you have time, please send me an email and i can do a quick online meeting to show you how to fix it.
    Michael

I just had a similar problem (x5) when I changed a lowered (for frost at a garage walkout) foundation/bsmt garage wall to a pony wall. It fixed itself when I checked the box "Default Wall Bottom Hgt" which automatically gets unchecked when you manually lower a wall bottom and needs to be "re-checked".-BB
    Architect,NOT! (archnot@yahoo.com): Dell XPS 8300, i7-2600 3.40 GHZ Quad Core, Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, ATI-radeon HD 5700 1-gig(not by choice came with cpu), 8 GB RAM, 25" Hanspree HF 255 LCD Moniter- User since Chief '97(v6)-X4

Brad

Been trying that...bottom of footing just goes back to where it started...I want to be 48" below that...The work-around I found is to lower slab 48"..do the frost wall and reset slab to -102.. The CA techies are working on it ..

lgswe is offline Registered User Promoted
    I remember a project in X5 where I was having this and "if" my memory is correct it was something to do with using the vertical footing that seemed to cause the problem. I had jagged walls all over the place and vertical footings showing on the inside of wall............a real PITA.
    Larry Sweeney
    Designer/Builder/Restorations/Period Cabinetmaker since 1972

Chief X5, AutoCad 2010
    Windows 7 Pro
    Asus P8P67 Pro
    Intel Core i7 2600k
    8 GB DDR# 1600mhz
    GTX 670