Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by William H Lynch View Post
    Here is link to plan file: See highlighted door and widow. Where it says try to add window use copy of existing...

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...t=file%2c.plan
    Really weird Bill. I could add a new window next to your window, but if I tried to move it, it moved over to your invisible wall.

Definitely some kind of bug. I will play with it some more to see if I can solve the problem, but we both know, that should not be necessary, please send it in.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Bill, grab the wall between the entry porch and the dining room and drag it over on top of the existing BAD WALL. (But first CUT THE WINDOW OUT). After you have dragged the wall on top of EXISTING BAD WALL , do a PASTE IN PLACE OF WINDOW, so the window goes back to where you had it. Now try copying and putting in windows. All should be good now.

I have seen this before with a CORRUPT WALL. I usually trace an existing GOOD WALL on top of BAD WALL, and all is well.

Still a bug and should not be necessary.

Conculusion, once in a while for whatever reason a wall becomes corrupt,

Solution: Replace BAD WALL.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Bill, I messed with trying to center the door.... it's a no go. I could not fix it as easily as I was able to fix the window.

Yep, these new walls do not work very well, thanks for sharing, it is a good lesson, until they are fixed, not a good idea to use.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

Bill, once I eliminated the wall between ENTRY AND DINING, and rebuilt it, all was fine......... this may help you for this plan, still a nuisance trying to figure out which leg you should bounce on to get program to cooperate.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

I tried fixing the door to bed and this time I can't do it.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

Quote Originally Posted by dshall View Post
    Bill, once I eliminated the wall between ENTRY AND DINING, and rebuilt it, all was fine......... this may help you for this plan, still a nuisance trying to figure out which leg you should bounce on to get program to cooperate.
    Thanks, I deleted the wall with the jumping door and the freakin' program would not even let me draw the wall back at the same location. A foot or two away I could... I deleted the divider wall between the entry and dining and yes, I can now draw the wall for the bedroom door, put a door on it, center it. I went ahead and put the divider wall back even though it still causes problems if I mess with the door...

I'll send plan in to tech support..

Thanks again!
    Bill Lynch
    CA X6 Beta
    Gateway LX6200-01
    Windows 7
    AMD Phenom X4 9500 quad core
    8 GB DDR2
    PNY 9800GT 1024MB nvidia video card
    750 GB HD SATA-300

Well for the moment everything seems OK with the divider wall back between the entry and dining. I still have original plan for Tech support...
    Bill Lynch
    CA X6 Beta
    Gateway LX6200-01
    Windows 7
    8 GB DDR2
    750 GB HD SATA-300

I had exactly the same problem today ... X6 ... Had a divider between Nook & Kitchen. Placed doorway on another wall, and PRESTO, it was in the divider wall instead! So I deleted the divider wall until later.

For those dying to hear me complain:
    I've encountered numerous other issues, granted, I just switched from Home Designer Pro 7 (been using it 6-7 years) ... I realize there'd be a learning curve- but there are SO MANY things that are less user friendly I can believe it. Definitely having the buyers remorse. Sorry, not the place- just couldn't help my self.

Keep up the faith, I'm an old member who has been through many an update of CA. Since before 1999! Some great, some not so great. CA listens sometimes, sometimes they don't....
    But you can sure beyond any reasonable doubt the forum is here for you. Through thick or thin there are members who will literally bend over backwards to help you. And that is what keeps me here...
    Bill Lynch
    CA X6 Beta
    Gateway LX6200-01
    Windows 7
    8 GB DDR2
    750 GB HD SATA-300

I can confirm I had exactly the same problem for the first time yesterday, and haven't yet figured out what's wrong. I simply placed a window on a wall and it just seemed to disappear. I tried this several times and each time the window vanished. When I enlarged the plan so I could see more of it on screen, I found a bunch of windows all clinging to a divider wall ! I deleted all these and tried again. This time the window stayed where I put it on the wall, but when I tried to nudge it along the wall using the cursor keys, it jump immediately to the room divider wall again. Bizarre behaviour !

Alan
    Alan Peach

Home Designer Pro 9.0
    Chief Architect X3, X4, X5, X6
    HP Pavilion DV7 Notebook, Core i7/2670, 2.2Ghz, 8Gb with
    ATI Radeon HD6490M Graphics, 1Gb
    HP Pavilion Elite HPE-495, Corei7/870, 16Gb with
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 Graphics, 1GB
    Windows 7.0 Pro 64-bit; Windows 8.1 Pro

Just to correct an error in my previous post, it waas a door and not a window that Iwas trying to place - mental block. Don't want anyone investigating phantom problems.
    Alan Peach

Home Designer Pro 9.0
    Chief Architect X3, X4, X5, X6
    HP Pavilion DV7 Notebook, Core i7/2670, 2.2Ghz, 8Gb with
    ATI Radeon HD6490M Graphics, 1Gb
    HP Pavilion Elite HPE-495, Corei7/870, 16Gb with
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 Graphics, 1GB
    Windows 7.0 Pro 64-bit; Windows 8.1 Pro

I remember this happening in the past ( maybe X5) but don't remember what the fix was. It's here in the forum somewhere.
    Perry
    P.H. DESIGNS L.L.C.
    Eastvale Calif.
    Alienware, liquid cooled
    Ver 10-"X6 x64 SSA
    WIN 8.1 PRO 64 bit
    Nvidia GTX780 3GB.
    i7 920 2.67-- 12 GB Ram
    40" led monitor

I'm not sure why some of you are having so much problem with the Room Divider. I've not been able to duplicate the "jumping" behavior at all. Maybe it's because I'm not using a Legacy Plan and all my walls are X6 derived.

I took the time to setup a new Profile Plan and edited all my Defaults, Preferences, Annosets, Layersets, Macros, Wall Definitions, etc. I've exported all of this and import all of it into any Plan that I bring froward from a prior version. It took some time to do, but it insures that I'm working with my latest standards that I know work in X6.

I can only imagine that the problems you seem to be having is because something in your Plan isn't compatible with X6.
    Joseph P. Carrick, Architect - AIA
    ASUS M51AC Desktop, core i7-4770 CPU @3.4 GHZ, 16 GB Ram, NVidea GT640 with60M with 3GB GM, 30" HiRes (2560/1600) Monitor , (2) 24" ASUS Monitors
    Windows 8.1
    Chief Architect 9, 10, X1, X3, X4 Premium, X5 Premium, X6 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Carrick View Post
    I can only imagine that the problems you seem to be having is because something in your Plan isn't compatible with X6.
    I'm not sure this is the case. I'm not running X6 yet, but just as the two Bills posted previously, this is a problem I have frequently in X5 - when inserting a door/window into a normal wall, the door/window will automatically snap to any zero-width invisible wall in the vicinity (sometimes as much as 20-30 feet away).
    CA 5 / AutoCAD / SketchUp / Artlantis / Hexagon / Genetica
    --
    Win7 Pro x64 SP1
    BOXX 8300
    Woodcrest Intel Xeon 5130 (4 cores)
    12GB ECC DDR2 667
    Nvidia Quadro FX 3500
    --
    Robert Lackore
    robl@bourildesign.com
    www.bourildesign.com

Quote Originally Posted by rlackore View Post
    I'm not sure this is the case. I'm not running X6 yet, but just as the two Bills posted previously, this is a problem I have frequently in X5 - when inserting a door/window into a normal wall, the door/window will automatically snap to any zero-width invisible wall in the vicinity (sometimes as much as 20-30 feet away).
    OK, so it might be something like a corrupt wall - as suggested by Scott. IAE, I can't duplicate it.
    Joseph P. Carrick, Architect - AIA
    ASUS M51AC Desktop, core i7-4770 CPU @3.4 GHZ, 16 GB Ram, NVidea GT640 with60M with 3GB GM, 30" HiRes (2560/1600) Monitor , (2) 24" ASUS Monitors
    Windows 8.1
    Chief Architect 9, 10, X1, X3, X4 Premium, X5 Premium, X6 Premium