Views:	183 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	62032
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ceiling.JPG 
Views:	211 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	62033

The roofs above were created with automatic roofs. The triangles jutting out from the eaves are visible in all 3D views (not visible in plan view) but they are not selectable. They are level and at eave height, visible from the interior and exterior. The material is that of the Eaves/Soffit on both top and bottom. Changing the Eaves/Soffit color changes the triangles. I hid all layers to determine the origin, the triangles are part of the Roof Planes layer. I have tried deleting virtually everything on the plan except for the first floor walls, but when I rebuild the roofs the triangles reappear. They also appear on all new simple buildings added to the plan as well, even simple ones, so I feel like it must be something I changed in my defaults for the plan.

I would like to fix it and learn what caused it so I don't make the mistake again. Thanks

Using Chief HD Pro - Moderate experience

lgswe is offline Registered User Promoted
    Post the plan for best results.
    Larry Sweeney
    Designer/Builder/Restorations/Period Cabinetmaker since 1972

Chief X5, AutoCad 2010
    Windows 7 Pro
    Asus P8P67 Pro
    Intel Core i7 2600k
    8 GB DDR# 1600mhz
    GTX 670

Quote Originally Posted by Miranda View Post

Name:	roof.JPG 
Views:	246 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	62031

Name:	eave.JPG 
Views:	183 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	62032

Name:	ceiling.JPG 
Views:	211 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	62033

The roofs above were created with automatic roofs. The triangles jutting out from the eaves are visible in all 3D views (not visible in plan view) but they are not selectable. They are level and at eave height, visible from the interior and exterior. The material is that of the Eaves/Soffit on both top and bottom. Changing the Eaves/Soffit color changes the triangles. I hid all layers to determine the origin, the triangles are part of the Roof Planes layer. I have tried deleting virtually everything on the plan except for the first floor walls, but when I rebuild the roofs the triangles reappear. They also appear on all new simple buildings added to the plan as well, even simple ones, so I feel like it must be something I changed in my defaults for the plan.

I would like to fix it and learn what caused it so I don't make the mistake again. Thanks

Using Chief HD Pro - Moderate experience
    You need to go to the Chief HD Forum. I don't think anyone here can answer your question since we are all using Chief Architect, not Chief HD.
    Joseph P. Carrick, Architect - AIA
    ASUS M51AC Desktop, core i7-4770 CPU @3.4 GHZ, 16 GB Ram, NVidea GT640 with60M with 3GB GM, 30" HiRes (2560/1600) Monitor , (2) 24" ASUS Monitors
    Windows 8.1
    Chief Architect 9, 10, X1, X3, X4 Premium, X5 Premium, X6 Premium

HD PRO has the same manual and auto roof tools as Chief Premier

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)