Threaded View

lgswe is offline Registered User Promoted

Adjusting hgt. of a custom newel on porch railing

I added a custom newel post from my user library to end a railing on a porch. The original symbol size was 4" square which I increased to 4 1/2" square in the Newels/Balusters dbx. of the Deck Railing specifications. This showed up correctly (attachment), but the total newel post height I would like to lower to an overall height of 42". How do I go about changing this height? In the attachment I show the symbol newel I'm using along with the "sizing tab" of the symbol specifications. Do I have the sizing planes screwed up so that is not letting the newel post height to set correctly? Taking the symbol directy from my user library gives me the results shown. I tried making a new symbol of the newel with a height of 42", added it to my user library, then brought that symbol in as my railing newel, but that 42" newel ended up showing less than 36" tall when it was attached to the railing. I'm sure I'm missing something. I don't remember having this type of problem in earlier versions (I'm in X6 beta), but heck I don't remember what I had for lunch yesterday. :confused: As always, all advice is greatly appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NEWEL POST 2.jpg 
Views:	940 
Size:	192.4 KB 
ID:	61989  
    Larry Sweeney
    Designer/Builder/Restorations/Period Cabinetmaker since 1972

Chief X5, AutoCad 2010
    Windows 7 Pro
    Asus P8P67 Pro
    Intel Core i7 2600k
    8 GB DDR# 1600mhz
    GTX 670