lgswe is offline Registered User Promoted

No knobs on false drawers only

I have a 36" wide base cabinet that I'm setting a cooktop in. I have two false drawers across the top and two large deep drawers below them (typical set up). I don't want any knobs on the false drawers but I want two knobs 6" in on both of the deep drawers. I highlite the false drawers and check the dbx for no knobs, but CA takes away all the drawer knobs on all the drawers in the cabinet. I thought you could just eliminate the knobs on the drawer that was highlited. What am I missing? I'm in X6 Beta.
    Larry Sweeney
    Designer/Builder/Restorations/Period Cabinetmaker since 1972

Chief X5, AutoCad 2010
    Windows 7 Pro
    Asus P8P67 Pro
    Intel Core i7 2600k
    8 GB DDR# 1600mhz
    GTX 670

Change it to a DOOR PANEL and you can control the knobs.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Scott.....Thanks for the info. QUESTION--By changing the false drawers to door panels to eliminate the knobs, is there anyway to hide the "opening indicators" on that particular cabinet? Since you can change the individual drawer styles I would think you should be able to change the knob location when that drawer is highlited.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drawers 1.JPG 
Views:	125 
Size:	88.2 KB 
ID:	61959  
    Larry Sweeney

Chief X5, AutoCad 2010
    Windows 7 Pro
    Asus P8P67 Pro
    Intel Core i7 2600k
    8 GB DDR# 1600mhz
    GTX 670

Quote Originally Posted by lgswe View Post
    Scott.....Thanks for the info. QUESTION--By changing the false drawers to door panels to eliminate the knobs, is there anyway to hide the "opening indicators" on that particular cabinet? Since you can change the individual drawer styles I would think you should be able to change the knob location when that drawer is highlited.

Don't use a right door or a left door, USE A DOOR PANEL, you should not get the opening indicators if you USE A DOOR PANEL.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Larry,

Did you make those Doors or Door Panels?
    Joseph P. Carrick, Architect - AIA
    ASUS M51AC Desktop, core i7-4770 CPU @3.4 GHZ, 16 GB Ram, NVidea GT640 with60M with 3GB GM, 30" HiRes (2560/1600) Monitor , (2) 24" ASUS Monitors
    Windows 8.1
    Chief Architect 9, 10, X1, X3, X4 Premium, X5 Premium, X6 Premium

Scott & Joe.... If I change the "double false drawers" at the top of the cabinet to "door panel" it creates one long panel, which of course I"m not after. If I leave them "double false drawers" w/no knobs and change the large drawers to "door panels" how do I then put knobs on the large drawers (door panels)? Sorry if I'm being "thick headed", but the only way I see to do it would be to manually place the knobs out of the library as symbols on the"door panels", which isn't a great work around. Do I have "quarters" so close to my eyes that I can't see the "dollar bills" going by?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drawer 2.JPG 
Views:	116 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	61960   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drawer 3.JPG 
Views:	120 
Size:	82.0 KB 
ID:	61961   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drawer 4.JPG 
Views:	122 
Size:	81.7 KB 
ID:	61962  
    Larry Sweeney

Chief X5, AutoCad 2010
    Windows 7 Pro
    Asus P8P67 Pro
    Intel Core i7 2600k
    8 GB DDR# 1600mhz
    GTX 670

Larry,

For what you are trying to do there are 2 options:

1. Place all the knobs you want manually - PITA
    2. Use a Base Cabinet with toe-kick and 2 large drawers and place another Base Cabinet w/o toe-kick just above it with a double false drawer. still a PITA

No version of Chief provides for a lot of flexibility in the front of a cabinet.
    ASUS M51AC Desktop, core i7-4770 CPU @3.4 GHZ, 16 GB Ram, NVidea GT640 with60M with 3GB GM, 30" HiRes (2560/1600) Monitor , (2) 24" ASUS Monitors
    Windows 8.1

Quote Originally Posted by lgswe View Post
    Scott & Joe.... If I change the "double false drawers" at the top of the cabinet to "door panel" it creates one long panel, which of course I"m not after. If I leave them "double false drawers" w/no knobs and change the large drawers to "door panels" how do I then put knobs on the large drawers (door panels)? Sorry if I'm being "thick headed", but the only way I see to do it would be to manually place the knobs out of the library as symbols on the"door panels", which isn't a great work around. Do I have "quarters" so close to my eyes that I can't see the "dollar bills" going by?
    I just knew I was missing something..... you are correct.... I see no way of getting a DOUBLE door panel. Several ways of getting what you want,

1. a cabinet with double drawers without hardware on top of a cabinet with single wide drawer (two different base cabinets) or
    2. put in your own pulls on the one cabinet you already have

no easy method.....

nothing is perfect yet....
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

Yeah, what Joe said....... as I am standing on one leg rotating in a clockwise direction
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

Scott,

You're in the northern hemisphere - it's easier to rotate counter-clockwise
    Windows 8.1

nothing is perfect yet.... ...............Not yet, but getting closer! Thanks for your time and have a great day.
    Larry Sweeney

Chief X5, AutoCad 2010
    Windows 7 Pro
    Asus P8P67 Pro
    Intel Core i7 2600k
    8 GB DDR# 1600mhz
    GTX 670