Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MTH is offline Registered User Promoted

Bonus Library Download Problems

Is anyone having trouble downloading bonus libraries?
    I go to site. Log on. I can access my digital locker no problem.
    I try library catalog page and pick a library do download.
    I'm asked to log on again (even though I am alreay logged on)
    If I try to log on as requested I am told that I am already logged on at another computer and I have to wait an hour to for the auto log off

Mark Hendricks.
    Sincerely,

Mark T Hendricks, CPBD Assoc. AIA

Quote Originally Posted by MTH View Post
    If I try to log on as requested I am told that I am already logged on at another computer and I have to wait an hour to for the auto log off

Mark Hendricks.
    Do you have a second computer? If so, you are probably logged on to the web site from that computer, log off of site from that second computer. If you don't have a second computer, I do not know what the problem is.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Thanks for the reply. While I do have a second computer, That's not the problem.Tthe problem I am experiencing is happening on a single computer. I beta tested X6 but never downloaded any bonus libraries during that time so I didn't experience this issue. I am able to log onto my account. The problem occurs when I navigate to the library catalog page and attempt to download a bonus library. I choose the X6-HD version. As soon as I do that, The log on page pops up and I am asked to log on again, even though I am already logged on. When this happens, I am automatically kicked off my original log in page. Then, when I try to log on again, I am not able to because I get the message I am logged in on another computer.

if you are running X6, would you mind trying to download one of the bonus libraries after you log on to your account?

Thanks.
    Sincerely,

I have downloaded content for both X5 and X6 without issue. For the files I downloaded the ones for X5 were exactly the same size as the ones for X6 - they may be the same files.
    Regards, Frederick C. Wilt (Began with v9, now using X6 aka v16)

I didn't have any problems. Try going directly to the library page via the Library>Get additional content menu command, navigate to the library you want to download, click on the library, then log in. Don't go to your digital locker first. This is the process I used and have downloaded multiple libraries with no issues.
    Mike Gabriel
    TLC Builders, LLC
    www.tlcbuildersllc.com

17" MacBook Pro (Thanks Chief, no BootCamp required!)
    X3, X4, X5, X6 Beta

Thanks for all replays. Nothing has worked. I fortunately remembered that I had saved all of the library downloads from X5 on an external hard drive. I was able to install all of the bonus and manufacturer library content from there in X6 and then run the update command from the library menu.

Before I did the above, I started thinking that maybe my SSA had run out since the problem seemed to be isolated to just me, but it is good till March 2014. I also tried downloading from the X6 Mac version. I had the same problem. All avenues are closed for me. I sent a message to support reporting the problem. Hopefully they can get it figured out. I was feeling like an outcast.

Thanks Again.
    Sincerely,

Vancouver Island - British Columbia - Canada
    Not only did my library download smoothly but it also auto-updated the main library and thanked me for doing so! So far I'm liking the updates... even if Doug didn't do anything to make the CAD function better....Still not happy with the CAD functions Mr Doug!!!! How about just giving us a function for line length?!!!
    Rich Martin
    Vancouver Island, Canada
    Residential Draftsman/Designer
    Really really fast Toshiba Computer with
    all sorts of bright lights and things that go "Bing!"

Quote Originally Posted by MTH View Post

Mark Hendricks.

I have the same problem

ADNZ, LBP,NZQA
    X2,X3,X4,X5

Contacted support about this and got this response.

1/3 13:17 Joshua Monaghan
    Technical Support
    Hi Jim,

May I ask what browser you are using? We have seen a few reported cases when logging in to the ‘My Account’ section using the newest version of Internet Explorer (11.0). Internet Explorer does not seem to be saving the “Cookies” related to login information correctly.

If you are in fact using this browser, we recommend at this time to use either Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome to download Bonus & Mfr. Catalogs, access training videos, and going into your Digital Locker.

I have gone ahead and cleared that active login session. You should now be able to login once more.

Josh
    Chief Architect Technical Services
    Jim Johnston
    X1, X2, X3, X4, X5 HP Workstation Z400

Quote Originally Posted by JL DRAFTING View Post

Technical Support
    Hi Jim,

May I ask what browser you are using? We have seen a few reported cases when logging in to the ‘My Account’ section using the newest version of Internet Explorer (11.0). Internet Explorer does not seem to be saving the “Cookies” related to login information correctly.

If you are in fact using this browser, we recommend at this time to use either Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome to download Bonus & Mfr. Catalogs, access training videos, and going into your Digital Locker.

I have gone ahead and cleared that active login session. You should now be able to login once more.

Josh
    Thanks Jim for following up on this.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Quote Originally Posted by JL DRAFTING View Post

Technical Support
    Hi Jim,

Josh

Thanks Jim (this has been bugging me for some time)

ADNZ, LBP,NZQA
    X2,X3,X4,X5

I use Explorer 11 and not seeing any of the problems you see. Go figure
    Perry
    P.H. DESIGNS L.L.C.
    Eastvale Calif.
    Alienware, liquid cooled
    Ver 10-"X6 x64 SSA
    WIN 8.1 PRO 64 bit
    Nvidia GTX780 3GB.
    i7 920 2.67-- 12 GB Ram
    40" led monitor

I am using IE11 and latest version of Safari on the Mac. The problem happens on both browsers. I'll try Chrome

Thanks for passing along the info.
    Sincerely,

I had similar problems. Some catalogs downloaded some didn't. I kept trying and coming back. Sooner or later they worked. I think I got them all now but need to go back and verify.

I am using IE 10 and having the same problem. I called the tech support at CA and they suggested I try with Chrome. It worked that day. It is not working today. I hope they fix it soon. Does any one know if it is fixed in X6?