Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Hybrid View

I have the Logitech M705 and a "soft" push of the middle scroll gives me the familiar pan, but if I push harder I get the zoom. Go figure!
    Steve Moe Design and Planning
    www.stevemoedesign.com
    stevemoedesign@comcast.net

Chief X5 w/ Win 7
    NVIDIA GTX780
    Intel I7 Quad Core 3.5ghz
    ASUS Z87 Deluxe
    32gb DDR3 RAM

I had a similar problem with X5 (which I'm currently still using) when I bought a new $25 corded Microsoft mouse from Staples. The center scroll wheel would pan left or right when tilted and would only zoom when pressed and I had no grab n drag pan function like I was used to. Went to Best Buy and picked up a corded gaming mouse (Razor, Death Adder) for $40 and it works like my old mouse. Don't know why Microsoft changed their scroll wheel but the Geek Squad dude told me it was the wrong mouse. -What ever, I just used it OOB and I hope I don't have issue with the new one when I start using x6(after the Beta period).-BB
    Architect,NOT! (archnot@yahoo.com): Dell XPS 8300, i7-2600 3.40 GHZ Quad Core, Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, ATI-radeon HD 5700 1-gig(not by choice came with cpu), 8 GB RAM, 25" Hanspree HF 255 LCD Moniter- User since Chief '97(v6)-X4

It sounds like a driver setting or driver bug. I'm not sure of which without testing the driver.

You should contact Logitech as it appears to be their issue.
    Doug Park
    Principal Software Architect
    Chief Architect, Inc.

I filed a bug report and the first thing I'd like to say is how incredibly responsive the beta team has been. Hats off to Brian and the beta team, their fast and courteous response is really how this should be done.

I pointed out this thread to Brian and he responded accordingly.

"Thanks for pointing me to that thread, reading the title I would not have guessed its contents pertained to this issue.

After finding some similar mice in house I have been able to reproduce the issue you describe. The issue is specific to mice with a tilting wheel. X6 is interpreting the horizontal tilt differently than prior versions for some reason causing the zooming effect you are seeing.

You should be able to workaround it for now by making the change suggested by Cliff in the forum. Depending on which mouse you have however you may need to make additional changes. With the mouse I tested items 7 and 8 in the list were set by default to left and right scroll. If you change both of those to be unassigned, then you should have less of a problem."

I have the following control panel for my Logitech mouse.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mouise 1.PNG 
Views:	110 
Size:	70.1 KB 
ID:	61995

I changed number 6 and 7 to be unassigned and it is working perfectly so far.

Thanks again to tech support.
    The purpose of Government is to control the common resources, not the common man.

Larry Hawes
    Hawes Home Design
    Vista, CA
    Hawes Home Design

X5 and X6 Public Beta 3
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
    Motherboard EVGA Classified SR-2
    Processors (2) 6 core Xeon L5640
    Memory 24GB PNY DDR3 1600
    Video EVGA GTX 780
    Monitor 26" LG 1920 x 1200
    21" Viewsonic

Yes Brian did an outstanding job of figuring this out.

One of the issues I've experienced with some mice with tilt wheels is that the spring for side to side motion is weak. I had at least one mouse like this that I abandoned because it was unusable for me because I couldn't keep from accidentally tilting it while doing a middle mouse press. I've also had mice with a tilt wheel that have a somewhat stronger side to side spring that work really well.

Currently none of the mice I'm actively using have this feature.

Although I do have an Apple magic mouse that has some side to side swipe features that I find that I'm accidentally hitting that I find annoying. I'm close to abandoning that mouse entirely for that and a couple of other reasons.
    Doug Park
    Principal Software Architect
    Chief Architect, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Park View Post

Although I do have an Apple magic mouse that has some side to side swipe features that I find that I'm accidentally hitting that I find annoying. I'm close to abandoning that mouse entirely for that and a couple of other reasons.
    FYI, I abandoned it...... it just took me too long to figure that out..... went thru two more mice until I found a Logiteck LS1 today, nice simple mouse, had the side to side tilt until I install the mouse software from online, now I don't have the side tile (so what), but what I do have is if I press down the wheel, I get the LAUNCH PAD or whatever that is, you know, it shows all open windows at one time..... I think I am a happy camper ....... well until the next hurdle comes along.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall