Threaded View

X6 Layout Template Niggle

LOVE the new feature. I took it for a test spin on a pretty simple Layout and it simplified a lot of organizational tasks. The developers should really be congratulated...but...it would really be nice if the Layout Template pages were not numbered as 'Pages' but instead numbered as templates or some other numbering convention. The reason is I use a very simple sheet numbering system 1, 2, 3, etc. without prefixes such as A-2, A-3 etc.

The way the Layout templates work now if I have 3 templates then my page 1 shows as page 3 in the template list and I have to read the label to see the actual page number.

If the Template pages were numbered Template 1, or Temp. 2, etc. then Page 1 would actually show as Page 1 etc.

I realize for some who use A-1, A-2, S-1 etc. the page numbering becomes moot as soon as you get E-4 etc. but it could still be distracting even then.

How many have used the Layout Templates and what do you think?

Here's a pic of what I'm talking about.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	layout template 1.PNG 
Views:	283 
Size:	11.6 KB 
ID:	61911

My first printable page is the site plan vicinity map but it shows as page 3 in the list of pages. Would be nice to show the template pages as different numbering somehow so the first printable page always remains page 1.
    The purpose of Government is to control the common resources, not the common man.

Larry Hawes
    Hawes Home Design
    Vista, CA
    Hawes Home Design

X5 and X6 Public Beta 3
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
    Motherboard EVGA Classified SR-2
    Processors (2) 6 core Xeon L5640
    Memory 24GB PNY DDR3 1600
    Video EVGA GTX 780
    Monitor 26" LG 1920 x 1200
    21" Viewsonic